The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mr2monster

3 out of 21... not bad odds at all

So i started calling on FSBO's tonight for the first time ever and i managed to get through 21 people.

Results:

8 SOLD

9 Answering machine, ill try tomorrow

1 Drunk - must have been at happyhour

3 That are completely game. I'm dropping off my contracts (Michael Cs) to a lawyer to review them and make sure they are up to state law then I'm heading over to check out the following:

-39000 rehab condo. Needs about 5K worth of work but comps out at 71000. I may just purchase this outright but the owner is a landlord that is getting "out of the game" and is okay with a LP for 2 years so i may take that route too and rehab it first.

-260000 3/2/3CG home. 2100 sq feet single level on a lake. Comps out at 254-271K so its within market value. owned free and clear. I'm thinking LP on this one.

-405000 4/2/3CG 4100 sq ft single level in a great area. Owner owns both this home and the 260K one above. says that she has more home than she can handle and is tired of paying for the upkeep. This home was appraised at 465000 and comps (all 2 of them) at 461and change... Might try a CA on this one depending. The lady has no mortgages on either property so I'm going to see how it goes before i decide on what method to take.

The property management angle works so great.... I didnt expect this kind of result. Thanks MichaelC!!!

Just wanted to post my results.

So i started calling on FSBO's tonight for the first time ever and i managed to get through 21 people.
Way to go, Kid! You're wiser and more experienced today than you were yesterday. How's it feel?
Results:

8 SOLD

9 Answering machine, ill try tomorrow

1 Drunk - must have been at happyhour

3 That are completely game.

Any reason why you didn't leave messages on those 9 machines? Save yourself time and leave a message. If you don't receive a call back the homeowner has done you a favor and let you know they aren't interested. If you do get a call back, well, it just could be something. In any event, I like answering machines and always leave a message.

As for the drunk, give me her number. She sounds like a fun date. :blink:

Most important, though, is how did you leave it with the folks who "are completely game"? What are you doing now with them? It sounds as if you are going to run over to view the properties. As a newbie that is probably not a bad idea. It gets you out into the community and helps you to learn property values, neighborhoods, etc. It also gives you first hand experience speaking with sellers and speaking about your "programs" to help them.

However, at some point you'll go from n00b to old, tough guy. And when that happens you can save yourself much time and aggravation by making most of your offers sight unseen. Once you have an agreement to the idea of a lease purchase, and the specific terms of the deal, then you can zip on over to the property to see if it is all that, and finalize the deal.

The property management angle works so great.... I didnt expect this kind of result.
Beginner's luck. :lol::)

Guest Guest
Any reason why you didn't leave messages on those 9 machines? Save yourself time and leave a message. If you don't receive a call back the homeowner has done you a favor and let you know they aren't interested. If you do get a call back, well, it just could be something. In any event, I like answering machines and always leave a message.

Because i didnt think of that actually... and because i dont know what i would say on the answering machine... I'll have to come up with something.

As for the drunk, give me her number. She sounds like a fun date. 

I can give you HIS number if you'd like :)

Most important, though, is how did you leave it with the folks who "are completely game"? What are you doing now with them? It sounds as if you are going to run over to view the properties. As a newbie that is probably not a bad idea. It gets you out into the community and helps you to learn property values, neighborhoods, etc. It also gives you first hand experience speaking with sellers and speaking about your "programs" to help them.

The Guy with the condo was kind of unexpected for me (it was my second call) So i just asked if he would be interested on selling on a lease purchase.. he asked what i had in mind and i went into the modified property management script and finished with a guaranteed monthly payment and daily maintenence line. He was said it sounded good and that he had just bought a house and couldnt make both payments. So I'm going to actually sit down with him on Saturday and work out the logistics of it. I've got pre-determined mubers in my head of what i will pay monthly. I have a feeling thatI will have some bargaining power because i will be fronting the money to fix it into showable shape... but even if i flipped it after that and sold it outright that would be a healthy profit.

The lady told me that she would come up with a figure for monthly rent since she has no mortgage so i took the angle of telling her that between the cashflow she was earning and the ending sale price she was actually getting more money that she wanted. she liked that and then told me about the other property that was her sisters before she passed, again no mortgage and same situation. She was gonig out of town this weekend and wants me to call her on monday with the specifics then i can go sign with her.

Because i didnt think of that actually... and because i dont know what i would say on the answering machine... I'll have to come up with something.

How about "Hi! I saw your ad/sign and was wondering if you'd consider selling your property on a lease purchase/rent to own basis. If this is something you'd be interested in, please call me at 555-5555, that's 555-5555 and my name is Mr. Monster. Thanks!"

The property management angle works so great.... I didnt expect this kind of result.
Beginner's luck. :DB)

I disagree... :o:P This script is kickin a$$... I have 4 more appointments out of 42 calls with numbers already down. Basically i just need to go to their house to look at it, make sure I WANT the home, and have them sign.... I guess i should start looking for TB's

This success has motivated me to get a voice mail box for while I am at work. I'm sure i can come up with the money somhow... haha ;):lol:

If you're good looking, Mr2Monster, I've got a shrew, uh, sister-in-law I'm trying to dump, uh, find a nice young man for. May I make an introduction?