The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

There's always a jerk in the crowd

Mr.B, easy big fella! Jim FL has been in this business for a long time and knows his marketing, we will ALL benefit greatly if Jim chooses to share his experience and techniques with us.

Jim, you're right, this thread started as a vent but only about this one seller in particular, not about calling ads in general. I'll admit that I've never liked calling on ads, but Michael's script has made it a lot easier, and I'm now starting to enjoy it.

I really do appreciate your marketing recommendations, but right now my marketing (signs) are not pulling well, so I decided to give "dialing for dollars" a try. And guess what? I'm due to sign my first CA tomorrow thanks to calling ads!

The reason calling ads actually works fairly well for the members of this forum is because most of us are proposing Cooperative Assignments. We aren't looking for sub2's or pennies-on-the-dollar cash deals. I wholeheartedly agree that looking for those types of deals by calling ads would be a complete waste of time. But when you're offering the seller a fast sale, at an above market price, at no cost to them...things start to happen.

Believe it or not, the line Gene mentioned, does work. Most sellers say no, but that's the point, we use it to quickly screen sellers out. The ones who say: "What's that all about?" Get the rest of our spiel, which for everyone following Michael's script goes something like this:

"I own a property management company, called Homes R Us. We specialize in lease purchasing. The situation we always seem to face is that we have many more tenant/buyers than we have properties to offer them. So, we are looking for additional nice properties in good areas and that's the reason for the call today."

Then you go on to explain a few of the benefits of L/P, and ask if that's something you can work together on?

This proposal works well, much better than I ever thought it would, otherwise I would have started doing it sooner <_<

I know you are pretty much running off your feet from all the leads your marketing brings in. But if you ever feel so inclined, give this a try, and see how it works out for you.

Sorry he might be a marketing genius, but something about his post rubbed me wrong.

Who knows. Curse of the 'A' Type personality maybe :angry:<_<B):P

~Mr.B

Before this gets testy, let me jump into the fray.

I don't know that I like warm calling, but I certainly don't hate it. And that's because after all these years I know making those calls will get me deals. And my approach is designed to be fast and furious. Get 'em off the phone if they aren't interested, and talk to the ones that may be.

Now, having said that, I'll also say my approach isn't the only approach. There are many means to the end. I've always tried to avoid the "It's my way or the highway" mentality.

While you can't teach an old dog new tricks, this old fool can still learn a few things, I hope. As such, I welcome a diversity of opinions on this board. We are all at liberty to voice an opinion and decide which approach we want to try.

This proposal works well, much better than I ever thought it would, otherwise I would have started doing it sooner  <_<
And as for you, Dougie, if I could take a quick run up to the Great Northlands where you hide out, I would do so and throttle you. Your procrastination has cost you deals and money. But, I'm sure you know that by now. Don't look back.......look ahead. Keep us posted on this deal. Complete it, then file it away and get another!