The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums

Doug:

You have had so many "that a boy's" lately, your rear end must be sore. :rolleyes::DB) Seriously though, I am really glad for you. Great job!

Gene

Thanks everybody, I couldn't have done it without the support of this forum, you're all the BEST!

grannyguru, :D you have no idea how close to reality that is :rolleyes: I'm making up my wishlist of items/services I want for my business as we speak. Let's just say I'm going to have to prioritize!

Michael, "employer" most likely, besides Alice I have 3 other people working with/for me after just this one little deal. No wages though, everybody gets paid for results.

Adam, I don't have the words either, except this...it was NOT what I expected it to be. It was both harder and easier. The technical stuff (contracts, marketing, etc.) was easy. But the EMOTIONS, the buyer's, seller's, and my own, were much more tricky to deal with than I ever expected.

Doug,

Yeah, it gets easier and easier. I sometimes (As of late) have found myself yawning, or telling jokes at the closing table. Heck, the $500K one yesterday found only me to collect the checks after it was done. My broker was outside of the building talking on the cell phone and my partner took off early to have lunch with someone! I called her on her cell and was like; do you want this $139K check, or should I just leave with it? She was like; I'll be a while, I'll meet you later.

Uh...okay.....

I guess this is normal for them. lol

It gets easier. You'll actually sometimes find yourself getting "stern" with people. I closed a CA last week and told the seller and the buyer (To their faces), that if they ever come to a disagreement about something "I said", then (I pointed to the contracts), if it ain't in there, I didn't say it.

It's not a power trip, but it's important to stay in control.

You'll look back and probably have dreams of strangling your old self...a lot.

Again, I can't believe you did it. I mean, I can but it's ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Regards,

Adam

Doug about time Great go'in. Now, go rinse and recycle ;)

You have had so many "that a boy's" lately, your rear end must be sore.

If you pat people on the shoulder when you give them an ata boy you probably :unsure: wouldn't get those funny looks afterward.... :lol::lol:

QUESTION:

How many months does one generally write the Lease and the Option contracts for on a CA?

Since we are getting out of the deal, do we necessarily want to write it for a shorter term (12months) or do we want to negotiate for as long as we can (up to 36 months)?

Thanks,

That's what I thought, but I was just checkin'.

Thanks.

P.S......MC, it's all making sense to me now, if you know what I mean :lol:

I appreciate the help.

P.S......MC, it's all making sense to me now, if you know what I mean  :P 

I appreciate the help.

Glad my talk about women is paying off. :lol::P

DOH ! :P

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! :lol: