The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

Thought you might like this

Look at the black patch under the U.S. flag...

You gotta love them and their humor.

This SHOULD be on the front cover of Time, Newsweek, etc.

But it won't be.

post-4-1095136158.jpg

That is funny! :P If I'm not mistaken, those are the flags of, (from top to bottom), Russia, Germany, and France. Correct?

Why is the US flag backwards?

MC,

That is an Army thing, but I believe they do this whenever they deploy overseas or a combat area...

If I'm not mistaken, those are the flags of, (from top to bottom), Russia, Germany, and France. Correct?

Man the old guy is good :PB)

If I'm not mistaken, those are the flags of, (from top to bottom), Russia, Germany, and France. Correct?

Man the old guy is good :PB)

I recognized Germany and France. But, I have to admit to being stumped by the Russian flag. Good ol' Google search took care of that, though......

......Hey, wait a minute! "The old guy"?? WTF?!........

That picture has been around for awhile and it's been proven to have been staged, but it's still funny.

The flag is not necessarily backwards. Gary is right, it means moving or advancing forward. Since the stars are nearer the pole the reasoning is that when advancing the stars are leading and the stripes are flapping behind you so if the the flag was placed on the right sleeve as you would expect to see it, (reverse of the picture here) it would look as if you were retreating.

Hey MC, glad Ivan missed you, hope Jeanne doesn't effect you.

Take care down there.

JayDub

Thanks for the clarification on the flag.

Hurricanes? I've had it with these damn storms! Charley, Francis, and then Ivan! And not a one of 'em touched me. C'mon, Jeanne! You ain't got nuthin' I ain't already seen. Bring it on, baby, bring it on!!

Oh yeah, the sub dewed flag is deployed

it's been proven to have been staged

yeah that kinda obvious no way would they do that to there uni. Plus woodland green ...hmmm ....bogus or very very early Desert Storm I. I just thought it was cool.