The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gene

T/B in Bankruptcy

A potential T/B called about a property I am trying to fill. He is in BK and it will not be discharged for two to three months.

He stated he has been told that any contract (including a lease) he signs before BK is discharged will not be valid. He is basically asking if this is true and if so, is there a way that I would still consider him.

Has anyone dealt with this type of situation before.

Gene

Gene, Tenant Buyers are normally plentiful. Are you having a hard time getting someone with the option money? If you aren't I would steer clear of this guy for now. I would tell him that this is your business and you will most likely have a simular property available once he can show you that his Bankruptcy is discharged. Give him your card / info. and tell him to give you call when it's all sorted out.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on T.V., but the Invalid Contract deal sounds correct to me. No need to put yourself in that position if you don't need to.

~Mr.B

Sign in to follow this