The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Networking w/ Professionals...

I've begun to work up a list of professionals to target for my marketing.

As we think of new ones, let's add them to the list?, How will/did you meet them?

Will/Did you send a mailing? call their office?

Here's what is on my immediate target list:

Other investors in my area - to flip properties to and get deals from

Flat-rate eviction attorney

Divorce Attorney

Probate attorney

Mortgage brokers

Credit counseling types - One of these found my website and contacted me with a liead!

Relocation services

Foreclosure /Restructuring Pro-Can I help someone who wantsor needs to keep their house?

Let's keep this list going?

option8

Good post, Option8. To a lesser degree, I would add a creative thinking Realtor, or two. I have had two good ones I have worked with for years. I refer them much business in the form of homeowners who need a Realtor's assistance. In exchange, I receive CMA's, and the occasional buyer who can't qualify today, but probably can in the next year or two. A perfect tenant/buyer prospect, in other words.

On occasion, they have tossed me the name and number of a homeowner who is more motivated than might be noticeable, thus giving me the chance to approach them about a lease purchase. If I am able to put something together, she'll cancel the listing agreement, and I'll pay her a fee for her troubles.

MC,

what is your FEE you pay or does it depend on the deal

Tony

The type of deal, the profit in it, are contributing factors to what I might pay.

Also, if I recently provided the Realtor with a lead that resulted in her getting a listing, we might now be "even", and no cash would change hands or be expected. I keep this type of agreement and relationship informal.

I don't mind paying out the cash for a lead that results in a deal. To me it makes perfect financial sense to pay a few hundred dollars, or more, for a deal that will net me quite a bit more down the road.

It's a judgement call, Tony. Be generous, be fair, and you'll benefit in the long run from a good business relationship.