The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Joseph44

contracts

Hi everyone,(hope all are ok after the hurricane)

I want to go with an L L C the question I have is how do I sign

my contracts do I use my name or the business LLC.Hope this don't sound

dumb.Well thanks anyway and eveyone have a good day.

My state of NC dictates how I am to sign a contract and I was informed when the LLC was set up. I sign:

"Company Name, LLC agent MY Name"

I only use my name in the signature. The rest of the contract, for example at the beginning, I only use the company name "Company Name, LLC"

<S>

Joseph,

Steve's right, but I would also like to add something here too. On all of my contracts, I simply put (Authorized Signature) and sign my name. With an LLC you have so many options of being known as an agent, president, secretary etc. The whole purpose of the LLC is to get "your" name some protection.

Hope the helps,

Adam

Hey all. Quick question. I recently formed an LLC in April 04. My question is: If I am going to be working on lease option/purchases and CA's do I need to form another LLC for each transaction or should I just use my current LLC as the buyer when I negotiate with the seller, and as well as the optionor when I option it to the tenant/buyer?

I think that the answer would be that I could use my current LLC for any of the L/O's and C/A's deals I execute. If I lean towards the rental property route (which I most likely will but with only 2-3 properties) I should then set-up separate entities when I purchase each rental property.

For financial banking reasons, should I set-up separate sub-accounts for each section of the LLC. i.e one account used for expenses incurred and profits gained from the sales support division and then another account used for profits gained from REI.

Am I making sense or am I just babbling. I just want to make sure that I do everything correctly.

Thanks for the assistance.

Akin

I could use my current LLC for any of the L/O's and C/A's deals I execute.

CA's you don't have too use your llc, because your in and out the liability is minimal. seeing you already have one what the heck.