The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sold !

A Voice Mail Question

OK, you've got your bandit signs and your business cards and your fliers and your magnetic signs all working for you and the calls are coming in.

1. Does your phone automatically send them to a voicemail for screening so you can call back at a more convenient time?

2. Do you take each call as it comes in?

3. Do you have separate options for TB's and sellers? (Push 1 for more information on selling, Push 2 for more information on leasing with option to buy your next home...)

4. If you aren't able to take the call (in option number 2 above), it obviously goes to a voicemail.........what does the voicemail say? Is it generic as in "Thanks for calling Joe's Properties....please leave a message"?

5. If you use a voicemail system, do you mention a company name in it or just a person's name? ("Thanks for calling Joe Blow", or, "Thanks for calling Blow Properties"?)

So many questions ! But, I don't have the answers right now and am looking for some sage advice.

Thanks, all !

Everyone has their own way to handle incoming calls.

First, I think it best to answer as many calls as you can when they are coming in. The more time that passes between when that homeowner called and when you return that call lessens the probability of getting the deal. There are other investors out there marketing, too. So, if you can't answer the phone when it rings be sure to return that call at your first opportunity.

Of course, it's impossible to be available and next to the phone at all times. When starting out, I always recommend keeping your start up costs to a minimum. Maked no sense going all out with elaborate equipment and expenses, only to find yourself too short of funds. Get good, then get big. With that in mind, your set up can be quite simple at first. How about a cell phone and voice mail?

This topic has been discussed in this forum a number of times. Some reading can be found here, here, and here.

There may very well be others, and I'm sure some folks will come by here with their opinions, too.