The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

My Diary Log

Yes, I got another client last night, Diary :wub:

This client (FRBO) is a hardcore Investor/RE Broker (Asian)

His property is brand new of course and while we were at our meeting, he kept calling several of his partner investors/friends to come over and introduced me to every single one of them... (awww, how thoughtful and sweet of him to do that).

Anyway, I find myself lately when I see a house I personally like, I turn it into a deal (put it under contract) instantly with no problem at all, I suspect this is turning into some sortta of an addiction lately :wub:

But then again, It sure feels good to go for what you want when you want it, but the pleasure of getting it is even greater! B)

Anyway, I find myself lately when I see a house I personally like, I turn it into a deal (put it under contract) instantly with no problem at all,

Hi, Bev !!

Can you explain this a bit for us?

Rich B.

Anyway, I find myself lately when I see a house I personally like, I turn it into a deal (put it under contract) instantly with no problem at all,

Hi, Bev !!

Can you explain this a bit for us?

Rich B.

Certainly, but I'll do better than that.

I'll tell u how I got this house under contract last night.

- I saw a FRBO ad on the newspaper (the ad was so juicy, it got my attention)

- I called and requested for pics via email (that's all I did at that point)

- I got the pics immediately, the house was gorgeous (brand new)

- I then called the owner again right away!

- I told him about the RTO

- Few hours later, I had the house under contract

This whole thing took few hours to complete from when I saw the FRBO ad to having the agreements signed. (because he lives 2 hours away from where his property is) :wacko:

- I saw a FRBO ad on the newspaper (the ad was so juicy, it got my attention)

- I called and requested for pics via email (that's all I did at that point)

- I got the pics immediately, the house was gorgeous (brand new)

- I then called the owner again right away!

- I told him about the RTO

- Few hours later, I had the house under contract

Bev,

You called and just requested pics first? You didn't pitch RTO until after you saw and liked the property? This isn't sarcasm; do you have that many deals available to you that you can pick and choose? Why would you go through the trouble of viewing the pics if you didn't know if he would be interested in RTO? How the hell did you close him so quick? Were there bees involved??? :wacko:

Good for you Bev...Keep it up...

Jeff

Bev,

You called and just requested pics first?  You didn't pitch RTO until after you saw and liked the property?

That's right, Jeff.

This isn't sarcasm; do you have that many deals available to you that you can pick and choose? 
We all do, Jeff, all over. Specifically in the FRBO market. (in my area alone, there are gazellion new houses being built every day :wacko: .. all investment properties from owners Nationwide)

Why would you go through the trouble of viewing the pics if you didn't know if he would be interested in RTO?
When I aim, I always hit the center of the tarket! (takes experience only)

How the hell did you close him so quick?  Were there bees involved???    :)
HAHAHAHAH!!!

Actually, 99% of all my deals are done over the phone.. the meeting is just for signing agreements..(when I got to the property to meet with him, he was holding his pen on his hand... can u believe that? :) )

This isn't sarcasm; do you have that many deals available to you that you can pick and choose?

We all do, Jeff, all over. Specifically in the FRBO market. (in my area alone, there are gazellion new houses being built every day .. all investment properties from owners Nationwide)

Bev,

"We all do"? Could you give me some hints on how to find them in a flat market like Toledo,OH?

I've been reading your archives and you are kickin' some ass Lady!!!! I would love to know how I can make your methods work in my market.

Frank

Bev,"We all do"? Could you give me some hints on how to find them in a flat market like Toledo,OH?
Frank and others, I don't find deals.... "I MAKE THEM" :wacko:

Bev,

When dealing with FRBO's, they are more likely than FSBO's to require 1-2 month's security deposits, and first/last month's rents, etc., being they are used to renting property. They even put these requirements in a lot of their ads.

When a FSBO asks me about these things I tell them it isn't normally a requirement for LP because of tenants vs. TB and the large option money they will be putting down.

Being you deal mainly with FRBO's, do you handle this in the same way when they ask about security deposits and 1st/last month's rent, or do you have other ways of dealing with this. I think being FRBO's are usually more experienced than FSBO's, they'd be more steadfast on their requirements.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Jeff

...Being you deal mainly with FRBO's, do you handle this in the same way when they ask about security deposits and 1st/last month's rent, or do you have other ways of dealing with this.
My first repeat FRBO client did demand the 1st - last & deposit and I did it his way because I was new and innocent..

But now that I have the knowledge & experience I know better.. I've been telling all my FRBO clients how " I " am going to do the RTO... (I'm in control all the way)

My numbers are...

- Rent: $$

- Credit: $$

- First Month's $$

- Deposit: $$

Any questions?

I think being FRBO's are usually more experienced than FSBO's, they'd be more steadfast on their requirements.
Not with me... is either my way or no way at all nowadays, even if it means dropping them and quickly replacing them in a heartbeat :wacko:

Bev,

When dealing with FRBO's, they are more likely than FSBO's to require 1-2 month's security deposits, and first/last month's rents, etc., being they are used to renting property.  They even put these requirements in a lot of their ads.

When a FSBO asks me about these things I tell them it isn't normally a requirement for LP because of tenants vs. TB and the large option money they will be putting down.

Being you deal mainly with FRBO's, do you handle this in the same way when they ask about security deposits and 1st/last month's rent, or do you have other ways of dealing with this.  I think being FRBO's are usually more experienced than FSBO's, they'd be more steadfast on their requirements.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Jeff

I would tell them that in order to keep a competitive edge in the rental market we typically wave the security deposit and last month rent. Mr/Mrs Homeowner, by doing so we are able find a qualified tenant/buyer for you in a more suitable time frame.

Jacin

One inescapable fact: The less you say the better. The more you talk about how the deal will be done, or why it should be done, or if it can be done, the more scared and confused seller/landlords will be and the less likely they will sign.

One more success story to log in, Dear Diary :blush:

My day today was filled with good news all day (even though I missed the niners game.. I'll live :huh: )

The best part of my day was a CA I closed today for one of the Bambino's house (builder).

This deal was different than the rest I've done... it appeared that this family was on section 8 which I'm not familiar at all with and they wanted to continue with the section 8 for one more yr and then they'll go on their own (sortta like a contract).. like I said, I know nothing about this program but didn't take me long to learn enough to help this family out without risking the purchase of this property at the end of the lease..

I went out of my way and talked to section 8 for couple of days to educate myself, I asked the family to provide me with 3 credit reports. And to their surprise and mine, this family's credit score is a whooping 800 :o which they weren't even aware of, they also have some money saved up for the purchase of the home... so without going into too much details here about section 8 to protect the family's privacy, I worked something out with the program and something out with the builder and prebuyers where everything worked out for all of them just perfect!

The family put over $23K to move in (includes my option $$ of course B) ) and just closed few hours ago.

Awww, the rewards we get when our heart's in the right place :wub:

My day today was filled with good news all day (even though I missed the niners game..
Woman, missing the Niners game is the good news. :wub: