The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Guest_joseph44

what to use in contract

Guest Guest_joseph44

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses steve and adam:Ok so when I'm dealing

with the seller where the contract refers to lessee,should I use the company

name or just use lessee which refers to me and sign the contract with the

company name llc then my name what do you guy's think.Thanks and have

a good day.

Joseph, if you have an LLC in place, then by all means use it. Do not sign any lease agreement as Joseph Jones, for example. This leaves you exposed in the event something goes wrong.

Instead, the agreement should be signed as Jones Properties, LLC., Joseph Jones, Manager.

Guest lessee name or llc name

Hi Michael C,

Michael I understand that I sign the contract comp/name llc then my

name.What I'm asking is in your contract with the seller where it refers to you

as lessee should I use comp/name llc or just use lessee?does it make a difference?

Thanks again Michael C (and HAVE A GOOD DAY).

Use the name of the LLC.

For those of us that are new and don't have a LLC yet, is there anything illegal/unethical about using a company name (ex. Jones Properties) on my correspondance (ex. letterhead, business cards, etc.), even though the company would only exist in my head (Rufus? Is that you? lol) or by title? I appreciate all the help these forums have given me! Thanks again.

Use the name of the LLC.

For those of us that are new and don't have a LLC yet, is there anything illegal/unethical about using a company name (ex. Jones Properties) on my correspondance (ex. letterhead, business cards, etc.), even though the company would only exist in my head (Rufus? Is that you? lol) or by title? I appreciate all the help these forums have given me! Thanks again.

File a DBA (doing business as) with the county. Should be fairly cheap, $15-30 or so. Then you'd be in good shape.

Hi, Brian, and welcome aboard! Kim offered an affordable alternate to an LLC. But, LLC's are also generally inexpensive. The cost for setting one up will vary from state to state. Where are you located? If you go to your state's Secretary of State website you will find information about forming an LLC. And, no, you do not need an attorney or any third party to help you with the paperwork. Save your money. It is a fairly straightforward process that most folks can complete themselves.

I am not quite as smart as others around here so, I called my state commission and we did it over the phone...