The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
enero2k

Irs Ss-4

First, sorry for the long post. I am filing Articles of Organization for the State of Indiana for an LLC and would like to know if I don't anticipate hiring any employees would I need an EIN from the IRS or would it be better to just get the EIN even if not necessary. I have not sent the forms in yet. By the way, as far as filing, it is a no brainer for the most part and I, like others, was contemplating paying an online service close to $500 dollars for a "deluxe" (yeah, right!) version until I read one of Micheals posts suggesting to a member to think of doing it themselves. Of course, it does depend if you feel confident doing it and if not, by all means, pay an attorney (plug for you Pinkerton ;)) or pay a CPA. to file to do it. By the way also, speaking of the process being a no brainer- actually it was until I went the the IRS site and downloaded the instructions for filling out the EIN form. What a crock! Typical govspeak! I guess I forgot to download the instructions for reading the instructions. :unsure: By far the most difficult part of the process was reading through the gobbly gook for filing the EIN form.

Hi, Audi. No, there is no requirement that you need an EIN for a single entity LLC. Rather than check with the IRS, which often can lead you more confused, why not run it by the Indiana Secretary of State. They may have some customer service or support number you can call for some general info.

Or, a local attorney or CPA is another good source of info. And you may also want to confer with members of the local REIG.

Glad you didn't pay one of those online companies to fill out the forms for you. As you now know, it's a fairly straightforward process.

Hi, Audi.  No, there is no requirement that you need an EIN for a single entity LLC.  Rather than check with the IRS, which often can lead you more confused, why not run it by the Indiana Secretary of State.  They may have some customer service or support number you can call for some general info.

Or, a local attorney or CPA is another good source of info.  And you may also want to confer with members of the local REIG.

Glad you didn't pay one of those online companies to fill out the forms for you.  As you now know, it's a fairly straightforward process.

Thanks, Micheal for the response. I'll take your advice.