The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Gary (MO)

Doorhangers

ACT 2 ADOLESENCE (DARN SPELL CHECK)

Tony you break my heart every time I read your posts with your spell check dilemma... poor baby... tell you what baby, email me your postal address and I'll send you the best top of the line spell checker available out there.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were u with your request here because as I recall, in a few days is gonna be a year since I've been requesting something here from the admin and that guy just won't gimme the ingredients to the bla bla bla.. I mean geesh!! Anyway check your postal mail box for your toy sweetie :blink:

(man I'm starving.. gotta run)

ACT 2 ADOLESENCE (DARN SPELL CHECK)

Tony you break my heart every time I read your posts with your spell check dilemma... poor baby... tell you what baby, email me your postal address and I'll send you the best top of the line spell checker available out there.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were u with your request here because as I recall, in a few days is gonna be a year since I've been requesting something here from the admin and that guy just won't gimme the ingredients to the bla bla bla.. I mean geesh!! Anyway check your postal mail box for your toy sweetie :lol:

(man I'm starving.. gotta run)

Bev,

I need a toy to.....:lol:

Akinwale,

Try www.nakedtoys.com

Bev,

thanks for the offer but that would still mean copy paste spell check copy paste. Anyway whining is funnerer.

as for the la-zag-nut (the poor mans version)

mix and cook

one 64 oz kethup

1 lbs meat

1/2 bottle of mrs dash italian herb

1 tsp of galic salt

mix

1lbs ea motz, parm and cottage cheeses together

layer noodles, sause and then cheese 4 times

tada!!!!

Bev,

thanks for the offer but that would still mean copy paste spell check copy paste.  Anyway whining is funnerer.

Okay no prob buddy... but u know what? You're improving your spelling.

as for the la-zag-nut (the poor mans version)

:lol: Thanx I will cut your instructions and paste it to my files... but lately I've been sorta obligated to experience French foods hmmmm yummy ..... without the wines of course (for me anyway ;) )

So actually that admin guy really did us all a favor after all, you're improving your spelling and I was led to French passion ;)

Thank You Admin!

That is an easy fix, just change the type of mrs dash you use

Man, how'd I miss all the excitment and fun, (and criticism :angry: ), that went on in this thread?

Let's see.......I need to produce a spell checker for Tony, a lasagne recipe for Bev....any other requests? I mean, Christmas is beckoning, even though it's 85 degrees today. :D:(

Gary,

Obviously I've been away from the forums for a while...finding myself a bit busy to log on lately.

Yes, it was me with the door hangers. I think my success rate was about one call for every five door hangers I put out. Of course, with my day job, I have the luxury of driving residential neighborhoods all day long. If I see a FRBO or FSBO, I simply hang one on the mailbox or front door. I think my success rate is so high because I'm actually targeting people trying to move their properties. I don't think they would be any more successful than flyers in a blanket marketing campaign. It's pretty simple and quick though to drive up to a mailbox and hang one on there.

Here's what mine say:

I Will Buy/Lease Your House!

Get top market dollar for your house and pay NO COMMISIONS…we are not realtors.

Give us a call today and move on with your life tomorrow.

Call

770-499-1419

It's pretty simple really, but like I said, gets good results. Besides calling on ads in the paper...this is my favorite method by far...so far.

I get the blank pre-cut stock Here then print them up on my home computer.

Make your own doorhanger:

Down the middle of the center line on your flyer, make a cut (centered, 1/3 of the page. Hang on the doorknob.

Not my idea, I saw one like it today. Once removed from the doorknob, the flyer was easy to read.

Kim

Hey, does anyone remember....?  Was it Gene or Pete or perhaps someone else that had the doorhanger thing going on awhile back?

What I'd really like to know is how effective the campaign turned out for them?  Additionally, if it worked well, what exactly did they use as far as wording.

I have been working with the door hangers for about 2 weeks. I have printed on a yellow card stock, color type is Black, blue and red, cutting the holes myself (yes its true). This is just to test the color and message and effectiveness. At his point I do all my own printing on the ink jet printer.

I hang them on every FSBO house or vancant home I see in my travels. Drive the neighborhoods early in the AM looking for FSBO signs. Also hang them at the postoffice, in the stores etc. They work great vs a biz. card.

My findings are excellent. Why, because the colors, message, and the fact the message is put into the right hands. I am getting a 20% response with a good inquire for follow up. Not just looking for information.

Message- Wanted Houses for Sale By Owner, We pay ABOVE market price!

No commissions NO closing cost. etc. Lease Purchase Advantage. I use my phone number and my website address.

They go to website to scope me out and learn. Then they call me. I have already started to educate them with the website before they call me. If they want a cash deal, I can wholesale that too. If not we explain why the Lease Purchase is an better Advantage to them. Why take a 40% cut for cash in 2 weeks. Well we can do that if you really want to, but your crazy to think that.

The cost is peanuts. Also I have a postcard I mail to all the published FSBO's I track the phone numbers and send the postcards off each month.

I have an address for a low cast door hanger Co. They sell blanks or printed. Also have the template if anyone is looking to try the same thing.

Hey, does anyone remember....?  Was it Gene or Pete or perhaps someone else that had the doorhanger thing going on awhile back?

What I'd really like to know is how effective the campaign turned out for them?  Additionally, if it worked well, what exactly did they use as far as wording.

I have been working with the door hangers for about 2 weeks. I have printed on a yellow card stock, color type is Black, blue and red, cutting the holes myself (yes its true). This is just to test the color and message and effectiveness. At his point I do all my own printing on the ink jet printer.

I hang them on every FSBO house or vancant home I see in my travels. Drive the neighborhoods early in the AM looking for FSBO signs. Also hang them at the postoffice, in the stores etc. They work great vs a biz. card.

My findings are excellent. Why, because the colors, message, and the fact the message is put into the right hands. I am getting a 20% response with a good inquire for follow up. Not just looking for information.

Message- Wanted Houses for Sale By Owner, We pay ABOVE market price!

No commissions NO closing cost. etc. Lease Purchase Advantage. I use my phone number and my website address.

They go to website to scope me out and learn. Then they call me. I have already started to educate them with the website before they call me. If they want a cash deal, I can wholesale that too. If not we explain why the Lease Purchase is an better Advantage to them. Why take a 40% cut for cash in 2 weeks. Well we can do that if you really want to, but your crazy to think that.

The cost is peanuts. Also I have a postcard I mail to all the published FSBO's I track the phone numbers and send the postcards off each month.

I have an address for a low cast door hanger Co. They sell blanks or printed. Also have the template if anyone is looking to try the same thing.

I would like that info...

I still find the door hangers have great response rate. Just had another person call from the doorhangers. The colors and paper grade make it.

Yellow heavy grade paper with black and red print.

Its cheap and does directly to my target market. Works every time. What if I enclosed a CD which played a sound bite explaining the Lease Purchase concept? Any ideas about that?

As an expert in the area of "sound bites", I offer this:

Can your sound bites answer sellers questions as they come up?

This is a people-to-people business. The doorhangers should have one purpose: get the sellers to call. When they call, they'll have questions. And, it's time for you to address them. Live. I don't believe a sound bite can get the same points across with the same emphasis that you can.

Plus a sound bite has only one intonation, one way of delivery. It's going to sound the same to everybody. One of the keys to selling people ideas, cars, vynil siding or WHATEVER is to mirror them so they feel like you are one of them. If a caller has a really upbeat tempo to their voice and sounds very excitied, you should, too ! A more sedate caller needs the sedate treatment right back. They will each believe they are speaking to someone just like them when you temper your voice and speech to match theirs. They will be easier to deal with and will TRUST you more.

A sound bite only has one personality..........you can have many.

A sound bite can only give them a preconceived notion about what you have to offer. It's like a commercial you hear on the radio. Some are great and get you to want to call. Others just plain suck and are lost in the background noise.

I think there are more cons to pros as far as sound bites go. Audio business cards were all the rage a few years ago. They went the way of the dinosaur.

Good luck if you try it, though. Let us know how it works.

Cheers,

As an expert in the area of "sound bites", I offer this:

Can your sound bites answer sellers questions as they come up?

A sound bite only has one personality..........you can have many.

Cheers,

I just added a sound bite to my website as a loop. Warner Properties

Just to get a little closer to the client.

I know I'm all late (and new) to this thread but will these marketing technique's work for bird dogs?

:D

I'm in South Jersey and getting started with leads for my investors, I have been told that I need to market myself rather then farm areas

From an economical standpoint (and temperature wise) it makes sense, why waste time and gas if I can have them come to me? And who wants to freeze their butt off?

:)