The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Gary (MO)

Doorhangers

I found a great web site for ordering blank door hangers. Just add to the printer and design a hanger. See a FSBO hang it, see a RE sign hang it.

Order the bright ones. Black ink last a lot longer for the buck.

Blank Door hangers (printer ready)

Also I ordered 125 blank signs from Harbor Sales. I spent a total of $53.00 and got the free shipping to. I am using a large black marker and recalling my sign skills.

WILL BUY OR RENT HOUSES

7 DAYS OR LESS

727-4279

Decided not to go with the !-800 # for the first try.

Hey Bev,

I of course ask for all the important details from them like down payment amount, rent, deposit and price of home at time of purchase. If those numbers works for them then we make an appt to view the property :lol:

Hi Bev,

Have you ever had a problem with a tenant not being able to get the financing to purchase the home at the end of the "rental term"?

I mean. I ran across a woman (who was referred to me by my mortgage broker) who was a friend of a friend. Well, I told him the type of biz that I was in and he sent this woman to me who was looking for a house to buy. I really wanted to help her, so I got the info from him (he already turned her down and thought that I could help her). However, before he sent her to me I had to explain to him what "Rent To Own" was. He didn't know and didn't feel comfortable recommending someone unless he felt comfortable with this technique and me. However, I showed him who knew what and that's how I get her.

Anyway, her credit was horrible. She had her car repossessed, and stopped paying her bills while she was going thru a nasty divorce. This is how she got herself in this mess.

However, she had an excellent job with the University for one of the Dean's. She also could afford the rental payments and she had the $10,000 option money I would have required.

Problem was this. When I went back to the mortgage broker and asked him how much she could afford to buy he said $100,000 due to her circumstances. Well, you can't even buy an outhouse for that amount. I then asked him if she "rented" for a couple of years and cleaned up her credit how much she could afford. He basically said the same thing because of her new partner's situation. He had NO credit whatsoever and it would be based on both of their incomes. And we all know that NO credit history is just as bad as an R9 (worst rating for Canadians.)

Anyway, I didn't bother wasting anytime with her because I knew that she would never be able to afford a $350,000+ home and she would lose her $10,000. I JUST COULD NOT do that for obvious reasons. My reputation and the fact that she was referred to me. Remember, I am in this biz to help people, not take advantage or screw them (you know what I mean).

However, she relentlessly called me for months wanting me to help. She went as far as trying to find FSBOs on the internet and then wanted me to phone them. Anyway, I stopped responding to her e-mails and she finally stopped bugging me. I wonder if she ever did find her house and was able to figure it out to do it herself. One will never know (I don't want to open that bad can of worms up again)!

Anyway, Bev, I just wondered if you checked out these details BEFORE showing all these T/B's properties. I would hate to imagine you wasting your time and someone getting messed up.

Anyway, just curious as to how you make sure everything will turn out fine. Perhaps your property values are more affordable? Somehow I don't think that they are knowing that you live in CA. So, what does a girl do???

Cheers,

WCG

Hi Bev, 

Have you ever had a problem with a tenant not being able to get the financing to purchase the home at the end of the "rental term"?

Hello WCG,

Nope, I haven't been in biz that long yet, I've been in it only about 7 months, but I am a big believer of "QUALITY" TB's over "QTY" ones anytime! I do not want to get flooded with calls by the qty of t/bs, I don't get that many calls purposely, but when I do get a call is most likely a for sure deal :D

I do heavily pre-screen ALL my prospect T/B's before I even make an appt to view any of the properties... I collect via fax copies of their credit report, employment letter, and landlord letter and lately with my more expensive properties, I'm requesting for a "prequalification" letter from bank showing what the prospect T/B would be qualifying for in 1 or 2 yrs from now...

After I get all of these docs faxed to me, if everything looks good, I then know I'm working with a quality prospect T/B.. I make the appt to view the property and ask them to be prepare to issue a cashier's check at the time of appt in case they do deside to go for the property and they want me to hold it for them... YES! I do my part darn well and make sure everything looks good and approaved by the homeowner, whatever happens during the lease after that is not because of something I did or didn't do... my job was done professionally..."Mission Accomplished" and I move on feeling very good about myself! :lol:

Perhaps your property values are more affordable?

The least expensive property I currently have under contract right now is $671K and it goes up to over $1M..

Hope This Helps and welcome aboard ;)

Hey, does anyone remember....?  Was it Gene or Pete or perhaps someone else that had the doorhanger thing going on awhile back?

What I'd really like to know is how effective the campaign turned out for them?  Additionally, if it worked well, what exactly did they use as far as wording.

I've got a kid in college with some spare time in KC - and I'm thinking I could put her to work. 

I'm also wondering if this would replace flyers in neighborhoods?  (Or even if it really matters which one you use?)

Gary

I found a web site to purchase blank doorhangers.Blank Door Hangers

Order the bright colors and be creative any ideas for copy?