The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
nck-mail

Announcing Our New Arrival

Announcing the arrival of Alina Christine Kockentiet. Although her due date

was Nov. 7th, she came - VERY QUICKLY - on Friday, October 29th, at 12:07pm.

She weighed 7lbs, 8.3ozs. and was 20" long.

The labor was short and to the point: from the first contraction to delivery

was only 5 hours. For perspective, Ethan (my first child - now 2-1/2 yrs old) took about 15 hours, which is considered normal. Pushing took all of five minutes and 3 contractions.

Like Ethan, I chose to deliver Alina naturally (no drugs). In this case, even if

I'd wanted to, she came so quickly I wouldn't have had the option. She

caught the labor and delivery team off guard she came so fast, and finally when she did come, she pooped on the doctor's shoes!

Both Alina and I are fine, home now since Sunday evening. Ethan is still

"adjusting," but I think he'll come around and be a great big brother. Eric (my husband, of course) is basking in the glow of being a new daddy again, and my father is visiting from Alaska for the month. All in all, we're doing quite well and feeling very blessed with a brand-new beautiful baby girl.

I'll be convalescing (is that the right word?) for the next 6 weeks - doctor's orders, but am very much looking forward to getting back into the REI game. Thanks, MC, for your patience with me. I now have even more motivation to get my financial situation squared away and RE is the way to do it.

-Naomi

Va Bch, VA

WooHoo! A newbie with a newbie! Congratulations, Naomi! I've been wondering how things were progressing on the birthing front. And, look at that, this little kid comes along and steals my thunder! We share October 29th as our birthday!

Rest up, mom. And when you're ready give me a call and let's do a deal for Alina. :lol:

Announcing the arrival of Alina Christine Kockentiet. Although her due date

was Nov. 7th, she came - VERY QUICKLY - on Friday, October 29th, at 12:07pm.

She weighed 7lbs, 8.3ozs. and was 20" long.

The labor was short and to the point: from the first contraction to delivery

was only 5 hours. For perspective, Ethan (my first child - now 2-1/2 yrs old) took about 15 hours, which is considered normal. Pushing took all of five minutes and 3 contractions.

Like Ethan, I chose to deliver Alina naturally (no drugs). In this case, even if

I'd wanted to, she came so quickly I wouldn't have had the option. She

caught the labor and delivery team off guard she came so fast, and finally when she did come, she pooped on the doctor's shoes!

Both Alina and I are fine, home now since Sunday evening. Ethan is still

"adjusting," but I think he'll come around and be a great big brother. Eric (my husband, of course) is basking in the glow of being a new daddy again, and my father is visiting from Alaska for the month. All in all, we're doing quite well and feeling very blessed with a brand-new beautiful baby girl.

I'll be convalescing (is that the right word?) for the next 6 weeks - doctor's orders, but am very much looking forward to getting back into the REI game.  Thanks, MC, for your patience with me.  I now have even more motivation to get my financial situation squared away and RE is the way to do it.

-Naomi

Va Bch, VA

Congrats Naomi...

Akin

Naomi,

I know its a little late, but congrats on the little girl!! My wife and I had our first what seems like just yesterday...but today is her nine month birthday. She's getting ready to walk and I think I clearly heard "Dada" from her today. Too much fun!

Best to you,