The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
costa

Grab Those Left Over Political Signs!

Just and idea...for those of you who have expressed difficulties procuring bandit signs. How many of those political candidate signs are still flappin in the wind at your busy intersections?? Grab em'as they are probably not wanted any more. Now you have some materials to work with at no cost (less looking like the guy or girl who originally placed it there!) Hurry, other people are taking them!

Hi, costa. Yeah, we have a few cheap, er, thrifty folks on the board who have suggested the same. And why not? Those signs are goin' in the trash anyway. Might as well make use of 'em.

147 were in my neighborhood alone.

Now they are in my garage.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk ! :D

Maybe I should go to the bar for this but, it was inevetable (spell check please) who would win.....

Because all guys want more Bush AND All women want more Cheney

Guest Jim FL
Hi, costa.  Yeah, we have a few cheap, er, thrifty folks on the board who have suggested the same.  And why not?  Those signs are goin' in the trash anyway.  Might as well make use of 'em.

MC,

It seems that other folks have the same idea, even some policiticians.

I actually place a few signs myself here and there, but have some folks who do most of it for me these days.

They get paid per sign, and know the better my business does, the more signs I use.

As a result, I've got a nice crew of people 'looking out' for me all the time in my area.

One of my guys stopped by today with a stack of stakes and some signs in his trunk.......my signs.

The stakes were from used political signs, no point throwing them away.

The signs, were all mine, but with cardboard political signs folded and stapled over them.

I am used to losing about 20-30 signs per weekend to garage sale and lost pet ads folks who think 'stealing one sign won't hurt that big RE company'.

Now, the pols are doing it too.......sheesh.

Oh well, thanks for the stakes George and John and other candidates, I'll respost my signs this weekend along with the new batch.

Also, as Tony suggested, the block mesh works well to save money on stakes, and unless you have a GREAT resource for pricing on signs, feel free to drop me an e-mail for a suggestion. I'll gladly pass along to your group my special pricing with a sign company online.

I'm sure Tony knows about it already, and may have passed it on.

Take care,

Jim FL

The signs, were all mine, but with cardboard political signs folded and stapled over them.
Somewhere out there in cyberspace, Jim, I'm certain there are political forums, where members talk about using real estate bandit signs to lessen their marketing expense. :)

It seems that other folks have the same idea, even some policiticians.

I actually place a few signs myself here and there, but have some folks who do most of it for me these days.

A FEW! ! !

They get paid per sign, and know the better my business does, the more signs I use.

How much are you paying them Jim. With the price of gas going up it's hard to get anyone to do it, I was paying a kidd a buck a sign. That will not evan cover gas now....

As a result, I've got a nice crew of people 'looking out' for me all the time in my area.

One of my guys stopped by today with a stack of stakes and some signs in his trunk.......my signs.

The stakes were from used political signs, no point throwing them away.

Good to see you got people looking out for you....I didn't evan think about snagging the stakes.

I am used to losing about 20-30 signs per weekend to garage sale and lost pet ads folks who think 'stealing one sign won't hurt that big RE company'.

Now, the pols are doing it too.......sheesh.

Who woulda thunk it

Oh well, thanks for the stakes George and John and other candidates, I'll respost my signs this weekend along with the new batch.

Also, as Tony suggested, the block mesh works well to save money on stakes, and unless you have a GREAT resource for pricing on signs, feel free to drop me an e-mail for a suggestion. I'll gladly pass along to your group my special pricing with a sign company online.

I'm sure Tony knows about it already, and may have passed it on.

Take care,

Jim FL

I can't take the credit for the steaks I did get that from you Jim. As for the sign pricing its pinned. I got the that originaly from results now (mentor program) well I was using thier toll free number thats kinda mentoring right.

Thanks Jim

Somewhere out there in cyberspace, Jim, I'm certain there are political forums, where members talk about using real estate bandit signs to lessen their marketing expense.

:D

:)

:lol:

Guest Jim FL
How much are you paying them Jim.  With the price of gas going up it's hard to get anyone to do it, I was paying a kidd a buck a sign.  That will not evan cover gas now.....

Tony,

I have two sets of people who place signs for me.

One set does it for $1/sign, and I send them out with 30-40 per run, they place them random.

The other set of folks gets paid $100 per run, and it sent with 50-100 signs, on one of two 'routes' we have developed.

They follow a map, and place the signs at marked intersections and locations.

These are basically the higher traffic areas where signs come down often and fast.

It takes them about 2-3 hours to get it done, and yes, this seems to keep them happy.

I'd imagine $30 for gas, and then the other $70 is pay.

Not enough for me to do it, and small enough to justify paying them.

Even after paying for sign placement, and our good sign prices, we are able to place more signs out for less money than anyone else local.

Most use a local sign maker, who also gets paid to put them out.

A lot more per sign than we pay, that's for sure.

Take care,

Jim

Yeah, I called a local company (in SE Virginia) and they wanted $15 per sign (not putting them out).

Funny thing I use to work for Witnesses compitition in Tulsa 15 years ago.