The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mamasanta25

business cards

Okay, how important is it to have an address on business cards when first starting out? I want to create my business cards, but don't want to rent the p.o. box until the first deal is in the works. That is when I plan on spending the money to set up the LLC and get the p.o. box. Until then, is it reasonable to print up some cards with just my home address on them? And can I claim LLC on the cards if it is not yet set up?

Thanks yall.

Samantha T.

mamasanta25,

you could always put the first deal in your name, if your comfortable with that. From Personnel experience spend the cash get the LLC. I feel it makes you look more legit. It will also give the homeowner a warm and fuzzy feeling (blah blah blah LLC or blah blah blah). Your Trying to gain thier trust. I just feel a LLC after your name will stimulate that trust...as for biz cards some what the same but I don't see it as much.

IMHO

Tony

AHHH! ! ! WEAR DID SPEL CHEX GOO

Tony,

I am basically referring to the financial aspect of it. I already have an LLC after my name on all of my business letters. I am not sure if that is okay that I am doing this when I have not in fact registered the business yet. I will register the business online as soon as the first deal is in the works, but until then, I would rather spend my money on newspaper ads and business cards. I just want to make sure it is legal to print up cards with my name and LLC, without actually having registered the company. Also, if it is okay to use my home address for now, until I have money to get a po box.

mamasanta25,

I think that you could get into some trouble doing that. Did you check to see if the name you are using is available, if so what if someone takes it? By the way I will sell it to you on a L/P lol. You could always get a dba (doing biz as). I guess what I am saying is be cautious and know what the Repercussions (this is where I need the spell check) of your actions are.

Tony

Samantha,

I am going to have a few different biz card made up:

1. SELLERS Card - To put on bullentin boards or just leave with people regarding that I BUY HOUSES

Very generic to the point. With the correct phone number to hear my message to sellers.

(No company name or address)

2. BUYER's Card - to attract T/Bs. Again an easy card to pin on boards or give to people wanting to own their own home.

3. PROFESSIONAL Card - with my name, company name,LLC, phone numbers. This is to give to my "team" - mortgage brokers, re brokers, bankers, title agents, etc. Those who actually need to know my name at this point. When a seller or T/B meets with me I'll gladly give them a card with my name, however, I want the above two cards for mass "advertising" purposes without my name.

Also, have you checked-out the prices of P.O. Boxes. At my post office for the smallest box it's only about $30/year. Not a bad deal! But, if you want the box in your biz name you have to show them the paperwork i.e. your LLC papers.

Hope this input is of help.

Summer

Summer,

Sounds like you are ahead of the game over there. I guess for now I am going to start with making my own cards from the computer. I bought 10 sheets of 10 last night for 5.90. I will hand these out first, and go from there. Im not going to include any slogan, except for "specializing in lease purchasing", because I am going to do a lot of verbal advertising when I hand them out. I am going to create fliers and place a newspaper ad to start. So, I figure I will spend my money this way before I set up the business, and just use my home address or no address until then. With the fliers though, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to hand them out or leave them? I don't want to spend a lot of money just to have them tossed in the trash. Thanks all.

Samantha

As for flyers, in my town we have so many community bulletin boards. Most are located in or just outside of each supermarket, video stores, coffee shops, colleges/tech schools, etc. Take a close look at the board, you may find a local service that for a small fee will make their rounds weekly with your flyer to make sure it is continuallly posted. Saves you some footwork and valuable time.

I am also going to call some of the bigger companies here to see if they'll post a flyer in their employee lounge/lunchroom. There is a huge percentage of people who relocate out here each year.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Summer

Two cents again (knowing me, it will turn into five)

Mama...do not put your LLC information on anything without having it formed yet....you could get into a lot of trouble. Reason one, is that you have to make sure that name is available and by the off chance that someone else is using it and they find out....whewwwwww...no good.

Regarding the address....what do you need it on there for anyway? How many people do you expect to send you information? The only ones I can think of would be people you have already contacted and at that point, you can give the info. For now, just put the City, State that you are in.

Summer had some really good information about the flyers, etc. What you want to start doing is thinking like someone who needs something. Meaning, be more observant of everything around you, places where you could hang signs...places to put business cards, etc. It's crazy, I remember when I started this, I always noticed "for sale by owner" signs 20 times more than when I wasn't in the business.

Be noticeable by all means, but at the same time, be stealthy :ph34r: (okay, so I just was dying to use that smiley)

Good luck, you'll do great!

Guest Guest_vacationlover

Mama,

Do not use your home address! Wait for the PO Box or Mailboxes, Etc or whatever you choose to use. As was offered earlier, you could just print city and state for now. But, definitely do not use your home address.

MichaelC When I get my new business name since I have my personal name on my business cards now. Should I throw them away and get new ones? Also should I throw my flyers away, are just wait until I get rid of all of them, and then start using my new business name on all of my marketing stuff.

MichaelR

I just hate to waste anything...paper, money, time, etc.

Is there a way you could neatly handprint your company name on these items until you run out? I know it may seem labor intensive, but in the beginning until you start producing $ from this ventur, it's a way to save a few bucks.

Summer

Summer I check my business cards, and they are allright my name is the only thing on them not my personal name with the LLC. So I am good to go. I sent in my form today to change my company name from my personal name. Ya hoooo. :D

MichaelR