The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sold !

Seller Questions

When chatting with the seller on the phone and gaining information about their property, does anybody ask what he owes on the place?

Is that a relevant question?

With that question you can show the sellers extra profit in dealing with you rather than just the higher net selling price of the house.

Just wondering........

Does anybody ask, or is that getting a bit too personal? Is it something we need to know and that they freely offer?

When chatting with the seller on the phone and gaining information about their property, does anybody ask what he owes on the place?

With that question you can show the sellers extra profit in dealing with you rather than just the higher net selling price of the house.

Just wondering........

Does anybody ask, or is that getting a bit too personal?  Is it something we need to know and that they freely offer?

ron legrande says to say if im to make an telligent decision dont you agree i need more information that ususally works it did for me a lady said its none of my business i used ron legrandes magic words worked like a charm too hef husband called me with info soon thereafter

You can always ask, if they are motivated enough, they'll say. However, if it's the second question you ask, they'd probably tell you to take a flying leap. (I'm sure you already knew that.)

Have I asked? Yes. Have people answered? Yes. Do I ask every time? No.

If you're doing a CA, I don't see it as being so relevant. They know what it is. When you tell the seller they'll net $xx,xxx with you and the Agent they spoke with said they'd net $y,yyy, the seller is already calculating the difference and the extra profit. If you're talking about a sandwich deal, then I think it's more relevant.

Once again, you're the buyer. Ask away. If they don't answer, you don't have to buy.

You'll get your approach down. It's not like walking up to a lady at the mall and asking her weight. It's a business. Just remember that.

Regards,

Adam

Rich, if you're speaking with a homeowner who is serious and legitimate, you'll have the information readily available for the asking. Of course, if you call a FSBO and say, "Hi, this is Rich. I'm interested in your house. But, tell me, how much are your monthly payments and what is the balance owed on the property?", what do you think the response will be?

On the other hand, if after speaking for a few minutes, you casually ask, "Oh, by the way, before I run off to check out my neighbor's girlfriend in her new bikini, what type of mortgage do you have on the property?", or something along those lines, you'll usually get what you need.

Once again, you're the buyer.  Ask away.  If they don't answer, you don't have to buy.

You'll get your approach down.  It's not like walking up to a lady at the mall and asking her weight.  It's a business.  Just remember that.

Regards,

Adam

:lol: Don't know why, but for some reason I am very tempted to do just that??!! :oB)

what MC said. If they call me, heck ya I ask straight out and also if they are behind on payments.