The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Email Marketing Response Rate

Has your email response rates droped or increased over time?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have found my email campaign started out really great. Then it decreased almost to a zero reponse rate. I can't explain it if the web master is filtering out investors trying to mass market or is it the time of season etc. So I am very interested in the results of this poll.

And my answer is "decreased alot"

Craig,

I think a lot of it depends on the fsbo websites you're using. Some of the sites seem to NEVER delete an ad. (I've seen some really old ads!)

To increase your results, you might try:

--Avoiding the sites where it's hard to locate the new ads.

--CraigsList is a good site to use if it's available in your area, because the old posts automatically delete. (They recently added some new areas -- including mine!)

--Some of the fsbo sites will send notification of new posts. I use that to "age" the ads for 2-4 weeks and then send a "would you be interested in" email.

--I tend to get better results from local fsbo (usehomes.com has some local affiliates) and frbo sites.

Hope that helps!

Kim

Craig, there are alot of variables that affect our marketing efforts. All of them, not only email campaigns.

For example, we are in winter, historically and statistically the slowest time of the year for real estate. That would certainly be a factor.

And as Kim has already pointed out, many times those online FSBO sites can be outdated.

The bottom line, Craig, is to be consistent with your marketing, and to be diversified. Consistent because you never know when you'll hit that homeowner or two who has a problem that you can fix. Slack off in the marketing department and they'll never know you exist. Someone else gets the call.

And diversified because if your emails fall flat one month, your newspaper ad may be going gangbusters, or your bandit signs might be pulling calls, etc.

"And diversified because if your emails fall flat one month, your newspaper ad may be going gangbusters, or your bandit signs might be pulling calls, etc. "

So very true as I am finding.

When I find one marketing tool slowing down the other picks up. Presently I have a ad going in 3 smaller papers, I always use my doorhangers on FSBO's, email and today I am picking up my magnetic signs for the truck.

Today I had 2 calls at the same time. One from the ad and other from the doorhangers.

Bonjour Guys,

I remember about 4 months ago when I started marketing for "clients" for the first time, I personally approached both "Wal-Mart" and "Home Depo" to get information about possibly putting bandit signs in their parking lot or near the store, both managers were really cooperative and friendly with me and gave me the okay to place the bandit signs but I never did put them because you all know the rest of the story.. (didn't need it anymore) my point is that those sources of marketing for clients are excellent.... (yes I'm thinking of maybe putting bandit signs for TB's but not sure) I was sure they were gonna charge me a monthly fee for the signs there but surprisingly they didn't mentioned it so I offered them a flat fee per referral, (a referral fee means nothing to those huge stores! :lol: )

both managers were really cooperative and friendly with me and gave me the okay to place the bandit signs

:lol: Must be a Bev-thing; whenever I approach business owners about doing any kind of marketing in or around their store, they use language that would get me banned from this forum!

:lol: Must be a Bev-thing;...

Yes Doug, indeed it is a Bev-thing... you see the Wal-mart manager just happened to be at the store when I walked in, I invited her to Mc Donnalds inside the store for breakfast and that's how it all started :lol:

The Home Depo manager was too busy for a couple of weeks, so I sent him a very beautiful talking e-card with my voice via email and requested for an appt with him to discuss the matter.

Yes it is a Bev-Thing! :lol:

...whenever I approach business owners about doing any kind of marketing in or around their store, they use language that would get me banned from this forum!

Man, that must be some harsh language to be banned from this place! :xicon_twisted:

...whenever I approach business owners about doing any kind of marketing in or around their store, they use language that would get me banned from this forum!

Man, that must be some harsh language to be banned from this place! :xicon_twisted:

Its just got to be a BEV thing. Now how many guys here,on the forum or even anywhere would say no to BEV if she asked you to go to lunch?

Sure put 1,500 bandit signs on my lawn oh. Also I will pay for that lunch too.

Bev, are you trying out for the apprentice with Donald Trump? I can see all those signs on his lawn too...

This weeks emails had good results after numerous failures at other sites. I finally got into the Albany area of CRAIG'S LIST. Had great results this weekend. Received 8 solid inquires.

I followed Michael's advice. Keep it simple. Was wondering if... 50 emails later. Was wondering if...

Found Craig's list fun to go through too.

Craig

This weeks emails had good results after numerous failures at other sites. I finally got into the Albany area of CRAIG'S LIST. Had great results this weekend. Received 8 solid inquires.

I followed Michael's advice. Keep it simple. Was wondering if... 50 emails later. Was wondering if...

Found Craig's list fun to go through too.

Craig

Craig's List is, far and away, the best FSBO site around. Very active, and constantly being updated. And, yeah, if you've got some time to look around the site, there is something for every taste and lifestyle... :xredface: :xsurprised:

PS: Craig, I know you know, but I'll say it anyway. Be certain to follow up every inquiry you receive promptly. I have found that the more time that passes between the initial contact and the closing of the deal, the more opportunity there is for things to screw up! If the homeowner is serious, you need to be, also. If they are just curious, good to know this too, so you can move on.

If its a BEV thing..>I need some of that..well just a bit.