The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JCannon

"show Me The Contracts"

I just talked with a potential T/B that seems to have real interest in the property but lives in California and he wants to see the lease contract and the option to purchase contract so he can have 'better understanding of the terms of the lease and option to purchase' :lol:

I told him it is against company policy to do so but I would be happy to answer any questions he may have.

OBVIOUSLY I can't send him the contracts but I told him I will ask my 'partners' and call him back.

Where do I go from here? Can I send him some informatin that is like a reverse offer form or something just so he can see all the numbers and terms in front of him?

I will fax them to him tonight. I must admit that I am surprised by your answer AK, but what do I know :lol: , finding a T/B is all new to me. Thanks for the info.

JC, it isn't like giving a homeowner a set of blank contracts to review. A prospective t/b isn't likely to be looking to get one over on you. I mean, if he is interested in the property he probably wants to know what he is signing. Not an extreme request, in my opinion.

On the other hand, if he decides not to go for this deal, what good will a Residential Lease Agreement and an Option to Purchase Agreement do him?

Like Adam suggested, I'd also get a blank copy in his hands. Draw a line through each page, and write the word Void across each page, as well. Then, be sure to follow up, answer his questions, and determine if he is serious, or just curious.

I am sending them to him now. Once again my anxieties have been quenched by this forum B) ahhhhhhh, sweet serenity........ ;)

I hope as time (and experience) goes by that my emotions aren't so attached to my LP Deals. :lol:

Thank you all.

FYI

Next time it happens when you fax it use a darker colored highlighter (green) to cross through and right on it. The reason being, you can still read through the highlighted area and have a wide slash in it.

Tony,

FYI

Next time it happens when you fax it use a darker colored highlighter (green) to cross through and right on it. The reason being, you can still read through the highlighted area and have a wide slash in it.

Damn that's tricky! :xcool:

Cool stuff,

Adam