The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
AMPinvestor

Unbelievable webdesign.

I would like to thank those who provided me information regarding web designers (namely, option8) I have a gentlemen named Eric R. doing a websight for me right now that is so unbelievably incredible. He has done Miller Genuine Draft and Pillsbury just to name a few. And here's the kicker, he's affordable. thewebspot.com is his sight. Now all I need to do is get me web sight finished and learn how to optimize my advertising it.If anyone is interested contact me or Eric. so you will get the proper treatment.

Hope this helps.

Shane

thewebspot.com looks like a good service and affordable too.

Let me suggest another:

http://www.infinitydesigngroup.com/

Their site is currently under construction, however contact info is available.

Here are some examples of their work:

www.cluboracle.com

www.rossdesigns.org

www.projectbuilders.com

I have to add my 2 cents to this subject again! It does bear repeating: Our website has brought us so much traffic. The sellers who are contacting us are indeed motivated! We haven't completed a deal due to us dragging our feet, not the motivation of the sellers.

When they get around to visiting our website, the are truly motivated. This is about 1 real live lead every other week! Can anyone comment on how this compares to a newspaper ad?

I will report back on the deals we close, just know that at this minute, the numbers of dials I have to do are lower because of the quality of the leads we are getting here.

Many of the guru's don't even include this in their marketing recommendations - I can only surmise that they assume that the optomization is too difficult for a newbie to manage. Since our website provider is doing this part for us (it's built into our monthly fee) we simply reap the rewards.

If you haven't considered looking at this avenue of marketing, may I suggest that you DO SO...it just may lower you effort and certainly your confidence will increase when the sellers are contacting you.

We are even getting potential sources contacting us because they are interested in the extra cash they can earn by providing names and numbers

option8

Despite what you see here, I must admit to being a low tech type. This website was pushed on me for quite a while before I relented. Heck, I never even touched a computer until about three and a half years ago. My point is I know real estate, but I'm a dinosaur when it comes to high tech marketing and computer stuff.

Having said that, what are you doing to generate traffic to your sites? I mean, it seems to me that having a site up is one step. Getting visitors there is the heart of the matter, however.

what are you doing to generate traffic to your sites? I mean, it seems to me that having a site up is one step. Getting visitors there is the heart of the matter, however.

Michael, you are right on... The biggest challenge is not to get the website up, but once the site is up - getting traffic to your site. If you develop a site from scratch or pay someone to do this, you still have to do the considerable work involved to get it to come up reasonably high on the search engines.

I may have said this before - web optomization is a science in itself.

The beautiy of the system we choise is they handle all the marketing for the master site...search engine ads, tv ads, bill boards, etc. If someone else is using one of the 18 domains available to you, you can benefit from their advertising too. We put our site address on every collateral piece we put out, but we also get the benefit of random traffic that happens to be looking for help in their geography. They get to the main site, select their state, select their county and they are at our site - dealing directly with us. All of this for only $49.00/month.

It is tough to know if I am explaining this concept so that it is clear or clear as mud. Let me hear your feedback.

option8

If you haven't read my post yet in Marketing about "Why you will always lose customers" do that first. I believe you will find the best way to produce the best site with a discount to boot, plus you are talking a very satisfied customer. I will copy the basic info below,

Now I could go on all day about this, but here's what I'm getting at. I have spent years upon years doing this stuff, and as luck would have it, I ran across a company on the web that I found who I actually had do my complete corporate identity and website, etc for me. The developed my logo, my business card, my letterhead, my envelopes, my website (which is finalized soon), my brochures, and everything else I needed. And here's the kicker, I did everything over email....yep, you heard me....I have never spoke with them once, only by email. And here is the other great catch, they charge half of what everyone else charges and their work is UNBELIEVABLE. If you want to see, just ask me to send you stuff and I will, not a problem. But to give you an idea, I was able to spend over two weeks working with them on my logo and identity, changing this or changing that, it was very, very simple. The key though is to give them as much information as possible, even if you think you are being pushy, remember this is your identity and future. Anyway, what I was saying is that when they finished all my corp. identity stuff, they sent me an email which contained all my documents and images in every format I could ever imagine, for every possible scenario; billboards, website, web, html email, logos, magazines, brochures, ads, postcards, flyers, wrapping, packaging, posters... anything you can think of...you name it.

What I did, after going through the process with them and seeing their work was make an agreement and partner with them. In doing this, I am able to offer their services at a discount over their normal price, which are extremely low for the quality, and be able to be a point of contact to anyone who wants ideas and marketing help. Their website is Deluxe Logo and you will need to give them reference code CB8219 or just tell them that "Christian" sent you, they will know. In fact, if you talk to Olga (yes, Olga) over email, tell her Chris says hi."

If you have any questions, drop me a line.

Good luck and always remember, "To achieve the impossible, you must always think the unthinkable.

Christian "Rockethead" Beebe :D