The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sold !

Approaching Realtors

I have a couple friends who are realtors and mortgage brokers and I want to approach them for referrals in this business. The obvious reason for them to work with me might be a generous referral fee.

Can anybody come up with a list of reasons and benefits why a realtor should send me sellers they don't want to work with, like the upside-down ones they meet?

Same with mortgage brokers. They see tons of people every week who can't qualify. Why should they send them to me.

I guess I am looking, perhaps, for a letter to begin my approach to them with. I am trying to compose one and am stumbling a bit in my inexperience trying to figure out exactly what to say and how they could benefit by sending me all their *rejects* every time they find one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all !

Rich,

Instead of a letter approach them in person. Every Realtor has listings that expire! All you need is for one Agent to be willing to print the expireds for you and send them via email every day or 2. In return YOU will contact all of the expireds, some of those expireds will want to relist those you'll refer to your Agent friend.

Call mortgage brokers 2 or 3 at a time, when the t/b is ready to purchase, they use the mortgage broker who gave you the lead.

No letters -- in person or at least on the phone.

OK, phone, e-mail or in person I am just looking for a good approach and the benefits for the brokers and agents.

Good so far, Kim, thanks.

Anybody else?

Rich,

OK, phone, e-mail or in person

I did NOT say contact Agents or Brokers through email!!!! I said, "All you need is for one Agent to be willing to print the expireds for you and send them via email every day or 2.

In person or over the phone. It's much more difficult to say no to a real live human, than it is to toss a letter in the trash or delete an email! That's why in person would be my #1 choice -- your belief in the value of what you have to offer (a seller, an Agent, or a Broker) will be obvious because you had the guts and courage to ask face-to-face. If face-to-face isn't possible for whatever reason, then asking over the phone would be my 2nd choice.

I'm going to recommend a book that I've recommended before. I think Craig has probably gotten something from it as I saw where he recommended it to someone else the other day. It's Get Clients Now by C.J. Hayden. It is a generic step-by-step how-to for anyone selling a service. You are selling a service to homeowners/sellers, to Agents you're asking for leads (if you are also willing to prospect for them), to brokers with clients who can't qualify (and you're bringing the client back to the broker when they can qualify). I challenge you to work through the book for one month. If you do, you'll have more leads than you can handle!

Rich, what do YOU think the benefits are to a Realtor? What do YOU think the benefits would be for a Mortgage Broker?