The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mamasanta25

depressed

Hello All,

I am feeling so sad that the war has begun. I am not here to start a debate, but I feel that this war is not necessary, and I don't even know how it can be justified. I feel that the president has made all of these arguments in his favor, but I don't believe a darn word he says. I feel that he wants to get Saddam out to gain power over the country and gain immediate access to the riches of the country. I feel that Bush is a pure bullshitter. He doesn't care about saving the country of Iraq. There are plenty of countries that need our help that don't get it, and never will. There are also plenty of issues here at home that need to be addressed, and are not. I just had to vent. Bush may be doing this because he failed at finding Osama, and has to defeat somebody. Who knows. All I know is a lof of innocent people are going to die.

And I am mostly referring to our troops. Of course, most people in Iraq are also innocent. Families are being ripped apart. My friend is in KY waiting for orders. She left behind a two year old and an eight month old.

Mamasanta25,

I agree with you that war is an awful thing, and I too am feeling a tremendous sense of sadness with the events at hand. I've had my doubts about the "urgent" need to attack Iraq and I was never convinced at all with any proof that this administration has layed out.

However.......I have to have some faith. I have to believe that our President is surrounded by enough people with sound minds and good judgement that we wouldn't be heading into such a terrible situation on just the whim of a greedy, power hungry individual. I hate politics and I could just be speaking out of sheer ignorance when it comes to government. I know a lot of nasty things go on, and there is a ton of abuse of power in all parties. I guess I'm just an optimist. I have to hope that our President and his staff are decent enough individuals to not send so many of our sons and daughters in harms way for reasons of money and power.

Then again I could be horribly wrong.

I must strongly disagree. I believe this action is totally justified. The human rights violations of Saddam are well known and verified. But, it isn't only that, because there are many other dictators around the world who violate human rights on a daily basis. Castro comes to mind immediately, as well as Chavez of Venezuela.

The big difference is that they don't pose an immediate threat to the US, as does Saddam. He has a professed and proud hatred of the US and Israel. He supports those who strive to kill US and Israeli citizens. He pays family members of suicide bombers if they are successful at killing innocent civilians. He supports terrorism against us, and is in violation of every UN resolution to disarm that was imposed upon him. The Iraqi people are impoverished, yet Iraq sits on a vast pool of crude oil and Saddam has a personal net worth estimated at between ten and twenty billion dollars.

I am not pro war by any means. But, I feel strongly he is a danger and makes a very unstable region even more so by his presence. I believe President Bush is doing what he genuinely believes is the best and only thing he can do, and is acting in the best interests of the American public.

Hello Samantha:

Sorry, I gotta side with Michael.

President Bush said on TV not long ago that Saddam should bring the weapons out into the open and put them on the street and destroy them and have it all taped so we could watch and witness, but has that happened? That being said, Saddam has been very secretive of all his 'arsenal'.

I dont like war either, but I will support it. I think that protesters are a disgrace. We as Americans should support our President and his decisions...and why not? We voted him in. Personally, I like GW Bush because at least he is not intimidated as Clinton was. Protesters also show the world that we are wimps. Having served myself in the U.S. Army (and the infantry/combat arms no less!)and being a patriotic American, I dont like to see us displayed to the rest of the world as people who have no backbone, strength or unity. It makes me wanna puke!

Like Michael, I believe that our President is doing the best he can with the information he has and with his supporting cast. I also believe that 'an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure' so dealing with Saddam now is better than later when it may be too late.

I also have a confession to make. My car drinks a lot of fuel and war or no war, I'd be happy if the price of oil went down.

In any case, I don't mean to 'pick bones' with anyone. Just voicing my opionions and thoughts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the soldiers, their families, and to the innocent Iraqi's who dont want a part in this war. Also wishing the US military a speedy and successful victory. God bless America!

Peace to you Samantha! :D

Andrew

Thank you Samantha! And...congratulations on passing me up on being #2 on the 'top 10 posters' list!! You go girl!! :D I can see you are motivated and I believe you will succeed. Good luck and happy investing!! Andrew

Thanks for the encouragement, Andrew. It is wonderful to have such a great support group here. This community is superb!!! I can't think of anohter word right now. But it is a great site and online community. I have a feeling we will all succeed. Good luck to you as well.

Samantha

Regardless of where you may stand on this issue, there is one thing I don't hear enough of these days :

God bless our troops!

They stand ready to do whatever our country needs for them to do.

Thank goodness we have troops prepared, ready and willing to go to do combat, or any service, for us.

I am very grateful for their courage, perserverance and protection.

Summer

Whether you are for or against this war, I ask that you support our troops. It makes me sick when I hear reports of the troops' decreasing morale on hearing about all of the war protests back home. They are just doing their job of protecting the freedom we all take for granted. They deserve all of our support.

There is one main point that many people are missing here when they say that people who are pro peace do not support our troops. HELLO?????!!! People want peace because they DON"T WANT members of their families who are troops to die. It tears families apart.