The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Marc

Pure Option

They are simply not motivated enough.

I'd move on, but that's just me.

Good luck with them.....keep us posted.

They are simply not motivated enough.

I'd move on, but that's just me.

Realistically, that's probably what I'll end up doing. I can deal with some of those contingencies, but that's based on my ability to secure an option to purchase so I can use my buyers' money. I'm going to submit another offer and worst case, they'll reject it. They were supposedly talking to another interested couple before they sent that counteroffer, so I'm assuming that either they were bluffing or the couple ended up walking. It's not like it's the only thing I have in the pipeline.............. :)

Another thing you can do to make money is hold a 2nd mortgage. It will make it easier for the buyer to qualify (smaller 1st or less down, depending on how you structure it).  This increases the value of the house to certain buyers, which lets you make a profit even if your purchase price is higher.

Like that idea. Let them pay you the money you make in the deal plus the interest for holding the note.

Like that idea. Let them pay you the money you make in the deal plus the interest for holding the note.

That is a good idea. At first I wasn't completely sure how I'd do it with a pure option, but it makes sense now. The only thing I'm not sure of is how that would be structured at closing. Seller gets the my option price and I hold my "equity" in the form of a second. How would that show up on the HUD 1?