The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LonnieWA

Do Not Call List

I hope that I am not wearing out this board. A thought came to me today that maybe I should try to call people in pre-foreclosure. I will be trying to short sale their loans if needed.

Can I get in trouble if they are on the do not call list? Is there a place on the net where I can check and see if they are on the do not call list?

Any experieces, questions, thoughts are welcome. Lets start chatting nd start doing some deals in 2005.

Thanks,

Lonnie B. Turner

If you search by name on addresses.com, it will show if they are a "Do Not Call Registrant." I don't know if that "Do Not Call" is Federal only OR if it also includes lists that some states keep.

My thinking would be that if they are about to lose their home to foreclosure, then they have other things to be worrying about. However, that doesn't mean it's "legal" to call them.

Guest Guest_Lonniewa_*
If you search by name on addresses.com, it will show if they are a "Do Not Call Registrant."  I don't know if that "Do Not Call" is Federal only OR if it also includes lists that some states keep.

My thinking would be that if they are about to lose their home to foreclosure, then they have other things to be worrying about.  However, that doesn't mean it's "legal" to call them.

Thanks Kim

Lonniewa

Adam,

He's refering to calling pre-forclosures who have NOT in any way advertised their home for sale. I'd agree with you when calling anyone who's advertised their home; however, I'm not certain that would be the same with pre-foreclosures.

Guest Guest

Lonnie,

I would focus on marketing strategies where you have sellers calling you. It avoids the whole DNC issue. it is more pleasant to take calls because you know they want to talk to you, not so when calling them. They are usually more motivated sellers when they call you too. Just by calling, indicates they at least picked up their head from buried in the sand, not so when you call...you will many times speak to people who have not come to grips with the issue yet and your words are not getting through the sand to the eardrum. You can then also upgrade your process to have someone take your calls, gather the information you need to analyze it and hand you daily or weekly completed Seller Candidate sheets. Then you can pre-screen them for possible deals. Then you call the ones that have real potential and you already have your offers prepared. This way your phone calls are only with motivated sellers that fit your deal criteria. You just removed all that wasted time from your life to get to the cream and the DNC did not even come into play. It is legal to call back to people that have called you.

My .02 cents.

Adam,

He's refering to calling pre-forclosures who have NOT in any way advertised their home for sale. I'd agree with you when calling anyone who's advertised their home; however, I'm not certain that would be the same with pre-foreclosures

Kim,

It's still not a solicitation, it's a purchase. I could call anyone I wanted on the DNCL and ask them if they had a piece of furniture for sale. However, if I called them to see if a pint of floorwax would help their situation, then we'd have a problem. :wacko:

Hope that helps,

Adam

Sign in to follow this