The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Mi_James

Lawyers

For all of you seasoned vets, what do you use a lawyer for in a lease Option bassness? (other than defense in lawsuits). I keep seeing people talk about using attorneys for this and that. Isn't that expensive? Isn't there a General set of Contracts that you all use that already protects yourself?

Just a dumb question from someone trying to break into what I feel is a new bassness endeavor w/ great potential.

Welcome to the board, James. You won't be green for long if you hang out here and put all this info to work on the street.

As for attorneys and lease purchase deals, definitely not the norm. Your typical lease purchase deal does not require the use of an attorney. And that's one of the great appeals, for me at least. Less confusion, less hands in the pie, less cumbersome.

James,

I agree with MC. We only use our attorneys to look over our contracts (The new contracts) and to do evictions. Have only had to use them a few times for threats. :)

Pre Paid Legal is a great thing to have to go over your contracts. It's only $25 a month and you get a free will out of it!

Let me know if you have any further MI specific questions.

Regards,

Adam

MosaicRealEstate@aol.com