The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sold !

How Cool Is This?

Check this out:

Click Here

Do you think it's possible to make one from supplies at Home Depot? What would you need?

Makes sense. Do you like it?

That would be pretty easy to make. It's just a length of pvc pipe with an elbow on it. Just attach something hard and relatively heavy to the end so you can pound in the nails. You could use something like one of those trigger operated claw things (sorry for using all of this technical jargon) to hold the sign. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about (it's hard to find good pictures when you don't know the name of what you're looking for!). A length of pvc pipe with a 1/8" slot would be just as easy, as long as it's not windy.

I wonder how they hold the nail in place?

I wonder how they hold the nail in place?

What if you went ahead and pushed the nail through sign before you held it up there? Could it work? Or maybe a magnet on the end of the "hammer?"

That's what I was initially thinking. Stick the nail into the sign before you raise it up, but you'd have to have a pounding surface on the tool to be able to get the nail to stick with one or two blows. A magnet would also work provided it's strong enough to hold the nail in place while you take a couple of swings.

I'm sure this tool isn't that complicated and could fairly easily be made with a trip to Home Depot and an hour's worth of work.

Hmmm......I had this whole thing figured out until someone mentioned the "holding the nail in place" dilemma. :)

Which got me to thinking...I could score a really tall girlfriend, and as we're cruising around town in my car she just washed, she could get out from behind the wheel, sprint to the next telephone pole I've selected, do the deed, (in high heels, of course), rush back to the car, and reach into the back seat to give me another beer. Repeat until a six pack is consumed. Marketing plan in place. Go home and answer the phone.

I think that you'd just have to stick the nail through the sign and be careful not to knock it out. I like your plan better. Mmmmmm.........beer. I'm going to the fridge real quick.

Mmmm......good. :)

Gotta have some sort of a hook or a groove in the little pole to put the sign into on the way up. Then, the top of the little pole can have a groove in it to rest the nail before whacking it with your giant hammer???

From the pictures on that site, it looks as if the little pole has a groove slightly wider than the sign that's an inch or so deep to hold the sign. To me it doesn't look like the small pole is being used to hold a nail.

Wow!  Nice recall, Bev.

I know every inch of your board Admin.

The ol' gal is still packing some grey matter upstairs, I see.

Someone's gotta look after you pop's, you're in good hands with me <_<