The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Mortgage Broker Messing With Me

I have two new houses to close on this coming week ($15K Consideration $ Each) but one of the families that's been waiting for their escrow to close (so they can move into the new house ) for over 3 weeks tells me that when their mtg broker found out they were getting a RTO home from me and saw how much money they were putting as consideration amount the mtg broker since then has been trying very hard to convince this family to get a house through him instead of me... this family has been refusing this broker's offer for the longest time and he just won't realease the money... he even called me personally to get more information on how I do my RTO deals, he was supposed to have this family's check ready last week and now he's saying that is gonna take longer.

The family called me tonight to tell me that the broker just won't stop harassing them into getting another RTO house BUT through him :huh:

So now my TB's have run out of patience with this broker and want to know if there's anything they can legally do to have this person stop harassing them into getting another house elsewhere and to get their money from him right away so they can move into the brand new house (their lease starts on March 1st!! ) they've had it with this guy. :huh:

Is there a place to complain to? Or what can the TB's do about this whole thing?

Thanks,

Bev, it isn't your legal issue. It's their's. I understand your concerns and motivation, so your best bet is to have them start with this character's boss/higher up.

From there, a call to the Agency that oversees mortgage brokers would be well advised. Problem is, not all states require mortgage brokers to be regulated. I don't know about CA. Try the National Association of Mortgage Brokers.

And then send them to a reputable mortgage broker namely me ;-)

And then send them to a reputable mortgage broker namely me ;-)

Ya know, I'm beginning to believe what I was told by this very well known and respected REI guru buddy of mine not too long ago... he said that when it comes to loan brokers, they're either "reliable" OR "quality" but NEVER both!! I thought he was kidding, but man, now I'm a BELIEVER!!! :D

Everyone I talk to on a daily basis is a loan broker here, their parents, their in-laws, their dentist, I mean the whole world is full of loan brokers!!! :lol:

I'll contact you via chat later on this week or next week Pine on this issue, if your offer still stands of course ;)

Here in VA they have 48 hours to release funds......??? :ninja: