The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Krusty

A Wealth Of Information

I had my realtor set me up on an automatic e-mail of properties listed in certain towns. Since these come from the realtor, they state how long it has been on the market, whether it is vacant or not and a lot of other information not listed on the public MLS.

Here is an example of one town nearby:

http://www.torontomls.net/PublicWeb/CL.asp...=6893720.019900

Keeping CA's in mind, how do I proceed to make contact with these sellers? Should I pick only ones that have been on the market a long time? Should I send letters or call directly (I would have to look up the phone number and may not always find a number)? How much of a finders fee should I give the realtor if one of these listings lead to a deal? What kind of system does everyone use that would keep track of who I called, who I sent letters to, who it's time to contact again etc.

I really would like to systematize the process to maximize the amount of deals I can do and any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

Krusty, first, I would start by sending out letters, rather than calling. And I would not prejudge any listing. In other words, why not send letters to all homeowners on the list provided by the Realtor? Unless the list is so large that to do so would prove impossible. You can never tell who may or may not be interested merely by the listing date. Solicit all of 'em. And my reason for writing instead of calling is that if they say no to your call, you hang up and you're forgotten. At least with a letter they have a hard copy which includes your contact info. You just may get a call months from now.

Finders fee? You'll have to be the judge of that. How many leads are you receiving? How helpful is the Realtor? How sweet a deal did you score as a result? A helpful, knowledgeable, accessible Realtor, (or mortgage broker, title company employee, etc), is a valuable commodity. Treat her right and she'll continue to do the same to you.