The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Parag

Marketing

Guest Parag

Hello:

I am trying to market to find properties to lease option or get the deed.

I understand that marketing is the key to finding good deals. I guess I got paralysis of analysis because I want to do the marketing thing right and make the most of my marketing dollars. I dont want to spend too much and go broke. Technically finding motivated sellers is the key though. But I guess only a good marketing strategy is going to get them.

One of my strategies is to call FSBOs and FRBOs from previous Sunday editions of my newspapers. I will call them up and say I am calling about their ad in the paper and ask if they would consider selling on a lease purchase. I am thinking about reading into Peter Conti's and David Finkle's book regarding this and Bronchick's lease option course. I think Peter Conti and David Finkle say FSBOs 1 to 3 months old and FRBOs 1 to 3 weeks old.

I am thinking about purchasing bandit signs from www.supercheapsigns.com or www.banditsigns.com. Supercheapsigns.com has a like a special going on. 100 bandit signs for $129 or 100 18 x 24 bandit signs for $169. I never really dealt with either of the companies. So, I dont know which one would be a better deal. So, the more I say on my sign the more expensive it will be? I plan on buying a 100 or 200. I am not sure what I want to say. But I dont want to spend too much putting in the extra letters. Do you think I should get stakes for putting them on the ground also?

I am not sure what I want to say but I think I want to make short and effective ideally.

Here is what I thought about saying on my bandit sign and my classified ads.

WE BUY HOUSES

WE take over payments

No equity, no problem

We will buy or lease your house

No commissions/fees

518-877-6534

I think for classified ads this would be too long. Since the Pennysaver and the local newspaper will charge by the line. I used that same ad for the Pennysaver and the extra lines cost me extra.

I got a few leads from the Pennysaver but only like about 3 to 4 for 4 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated here.

I am also thinking about maybe purchasing voice mail service for the business. But i am thinking for now I can use the answering machine I have. Maybe that will suffice? My answering machine just has a generic message. Maybe when I get a deal I might start investing in the voice mail message. I think Peter Conti and David Finkle do sell them to. They also mention about geting an 800 number to. I dont know how big of a difference that would be.

I was thinking about getting business cards for my real estate at www.vistaprint.com. But to customize like they mention in the books or make the business cards just like the books. I will have to pay like $9 to do that for 250 cards. I cant seem to customize a little bit for the free 250 cards. I can't seem to make it look like in the ones shown in the manuals. RIgh now I dont have the creativity make my own original one. So, that is why I will like copy off of Bronchick's manual. Of course I will use my own name and everything. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Books and manuals say business cards are the cheapest and most effective marketing tool?

I was thinking about using the flyers and putting my phone number in it that comes with my manuals. I was thinking about maybe printing like 250 or 1000 like at Office Max or Staples. Putting them in every laundromat, bagel shop and convenience store I can think of. Maybe get a distribution company to pass them out to neighborhoods? I don't know of any kids right now that would do it. I know in Bronchick's manual it says to put the flyers beneath the vipers. I am think I probably would tick people off their.

I was thinking if I see a property that is listed or advertised in the paper. I would send out post cards to all the houses in that development. I dont know where you guys get your post cards? Do you get them from the post office? Do you get the generic ones? Do you guys have a printing company print them out or put the words you want? I was thinking about finding a map. Than getting a reverse phone directory and send out post cards to all the houses. I dont know what to say there. Well I will just copy from Bronchick's manual I guess.

I was also thinking about getting a list of out of town owners and Notice of defaults. I am think out of town owners will be time consuming that is why I am thinking about seeing if I can get a title company to give it to me or see if a mailing list company would provide it. For notice of defaults first I think I will learn the foreclosure process and than try to find it at the town clerk's office. I will also see if I can get the information from a title company. I know in one of Peter Conit and David Finkle's e-zine they give a script on how to talk to title companies in regards to getting the listings free from them.

I am thinking I might stay away from classified in daily newspapers since they are very expensive.

I was thinking about getting magnetic signs maybe from a place like www.banditsigns.com or supercheapsigns.com. Should I have magnetics place on both the drivers and passengers side. like on the right side as well as the left side?. Also on the rear of the car? I mean I want to save money but I also want to expose my business as much as possible.

I am not sure if I will touch probate because I am still waiting for the Jim Banks course from the library. Is probate a complicated way to find motivated sellers?

I was thinking about door hangers. But I heard they are illegal? Are they in New York state?

I am thinking if I figure out the marketing part of this and be able to get going well on the marketing aspect of this business than I will have it made in this business. I guess it is almost all about marketing for motivated sellers.

Any advice and help would be appreciated. I would love to speak with somebody personally regarding marketing.

Parag

Hello Parag:

Before you do anything with bandit signs, be sure to check with your local city hall to determine if it is ok.

I asked the local city hall for my area and they told me 'no' saving me the $130+ for the bandit signs.

Good luck!!

Sincerely,

Andrew

Sounds like you've got a definite plan! Great!

I think in the beginning it is fine to use the examples given in books/course. And, as you get results and feedback you can slowly modify and change your marketing materials to suit your needs and get the response you are looking for.

Diversity is a good thing in marketing and it looks like you have many different avenues covered - direct mail, fliers, biz cards, cold calls, etc.

Go for it! :D

Keep us posted on the response you get from each.

Summer

if you really want an 800 number, I suggest you check into Angel.com. I don't know of a cheaper way. The setup takes time, but it's a really great system once you get it--esp if you are a bit computer savvy and a little bit patient. It's inexpensive too, $9.95 for a basic monthly package.

Guest Guest_vacationlover

Andrew,

Asking the city to approve your placing signs is like asking most attorneys to approve a land trust... same answer... "NO".

Sign in to follow this