The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

24 Hr Recording

Does anyone use 24 hr recorded 800 numbers to market and screen callers? What success have others had? Who do you recommend? Cost?

Jonathan, I was thinking about signing up for a similar service but they didn't have enough mailboxes. I wanted to have a system like some realtors have these days, i.e. buyer calls in and is prompted to enter an extension, so they enter the number on the ad for the house (eg. 123) and then they get a recorded description of that house.

I didn't want to use their "Ad Tracker" feature, because that didn't redirect to a particular mailbox, it forced buyers to continue navigating the system according to tech support.

I don't see the 999 mailboxes mentioned anywhere on COA's website, how many have you personally used at once?

Doug,

I have 2 lines....one for buying and one for selling. I have used as many as 16 boxes at one time for the selling side.

Here is the free report line 1-800-213-8414 ext 200

I like to use COANETWORK.  They are 29.95 per month with 999 mail boxes.  They do not have a per minute charge like others that I have seen

It says $34.95 now. Where did that $5.00 go? maybe I'll find it in an old pair of pants next year...... :D

I would say check out www.ringcentral.com  They have a awesome set of features for voicemail and even a free sample, follow me option ect.

-Steve

After surfing a little I found a company called Kall8 There fee is dirt cheap it starts at $2.00 a month 6.9 Cents per min. with VM message up to 5 minutes. Thought I would I try it for that price.

Has anyone else used them?

After surfing a little I found a company called Kall8 There fee is dirt cheap it starts at $2.00 a month 6.9 Cents per min. with VM message up to 5 minutes. Thought I would I try it for that price.

Has anyone else used them

That is pretty cheap. Is that for a toll-free # with voicemail? If so, do you really need a toll-free # (will you be getting a lot of long distance sellers contacting you)? The reason I ask is I've personally not had very good results in the past using a toll-free # (it wasn't a voice mailbox, though). It seems like people are more likely to call a local # instead of a toll-free #. Plus I don't really like paying a per minute fee for people to call.

I need to setup a recorded message to use with my sellers marketing, so I've been taking a look at a couple of different companies, ring central and evoice mainly. There's pro and cons to both depending on if you need mulitple boxes or if you'd rather pay a little more and have free minutes included. Here's the comparisons to both Ring Central and eVoice. Hopefully that helps! Good luck!

Alright, what's the deal with Kall8?

$2.00 set up and $2.00 a month?

I don't get it. Something's wrong when you compare the others at $15- $35 a month.........

Confused,

I like Coanetwork because it has several features.

UNLIMITED FLAT RATE PRICING* - Accept unlimited inbound calls at one low price! That's right, no per minute usage fee for your inbound calls!

Dedicated Toll-Free Number - Project a professional image 24 hours a day

Retrieve messages and faxes by phone - Call from any phone or fax to stay connected

Caller ID Capture - Works for blocked and unlisted numbers

PhoneMatch™ - Automatically gets the names and addresses of callers listed in the white pages

ConnectLive™* - Configure TeleCenter to "track you down" at numbers you program or drive them to a live answering service. You'll hear the name of the caller and can choose to accept the call or send to voicemail.

Call Block - Three separate methods to restrict unwanted callers Fax-On-Demand - Deliver stored documents via fax to your caller

Presentation-On-Demand - Deliver audio presentations to your caller

Broadcast Voicemail Messages - Broadcast voice messages to pre-defined groups or your entire team

Broadcast Fax Documents - Broadcast fax documents to pre-defined groups or your entire team

Direct Call Back* - While listening to a message, you can place an outbound return phone call to the caller

AdTracker™ - Track the success of multiple marketing campaigns

Message Notification - You can program TeleCenter to notify you of new messages through your email, pager, cell phone, or any number you wish.

Programmable Extensions - Add, delete, and manage up to 999 extensions for fax and audio presentation.

KALL 8 does not even compare.

They do have a good product and price. At this point I am not ready for a full blown service. I would rather put my marketing dollars into signs. Will consider it at a later time.

John, I looked at your web site looks good. I see you are using the auction method keep us tuned in on the results.

Alright, what's the deal with Kall8?

$2.00 set up and $2.00 a month?

I don't get it.  Something's wrong when you compare the others at $15- $35 a  month.........

Confused,

You get VM but you pay per min. You can set up a 5 min VM message which it goes on the first ring. It can screen your calls and does deliver all the phone numbers. You get the reports online too.

It does a lot for 2 dollars

Is there a way for callers to reach you (like if they press 0 it connects them to you)? Personally, I'm thinking of something that allows for a few minute message, with a few mailboxes and maybe the ability to connect callers to me (I'm undecided about that, though I'm leaning toward it).

I do want a local number, though. Like I've said before, I haven't had much success having people call a toll free number (maybe because they think I'm not local or that it's harder to write down while sitting at a stop light).

Is there a way for callers to reach you (like if they press 0 it connects them to you)? Personally, I'm thinking of something that allows for a few minute message, with a few mailboxes and maybe the ability to connect callers to me (I'm undecided about that, though I'm leaning toward it).

I do want a local number, though. Like I've said before, I haven't had much success having people call a toll free number (maybe because they think I'm not local or that it's harder to write down while sitting at a stop light).

They can leave the messages to contact you. I don't know about the number of boxes. Call and ask them.

I was considering using them for a number on my signs. Being a part timer it weeds out the non motivated calls.