The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Anyone Up For Another Challenge?

Hey all,

Just wanted to see if there's any interest for another 30/60 day challenge. I finished off March as the biggest money making month of my life!! (Finished off with $77,341.17 and 39 CAs!!) Not one of the CAs have been moved yet so don't let that number look too candy coated. :lol: )

This business is great and the opportunities out there (even here in MI for crying out loud) are incredible!!!

If anyone's ready to get their business jumped started, post it here and we'll go for it! I'm seriously looking to make this happen again and it's always fun and rewarding working side by side with other's going for the same goals! I think that the support on this site is huge and it can greatly increase our chances of reaching our potentials!

Regards,

Adam

I'm up for it, what do you have in mind? I want to put 2 new SLOs under contract at the same time, and continue to generate leads for the coming months.

Hey Adam,

I'm new and want to be improved. I've been cruising this site and others since we spoke on the phone last week, trying to fill my head with knowledge instead of Dream Theater.

I'll definately be touching base with you after the 19th when you return. Its time. I seriously want to get together and jump on this bandwagon of opportunity.

It was a pleasure chatting with you and I'll look forward to meeting you Adam.

Congratulations on your outstanding month!

Cheers \_/

Glenn

Yeah.

I challenge YOU to challenge ME to do whatever kinda deal CA...sub2 (already doing these)....hookin' up with an old chick, etc. etc.

and I'll do it.

I come up with some sorta proof that I did it.

Any takers?

:angry:

$77,000?!?!?!?

So, did you finish your other challenge, Adam?

You know...that sweet-arse Subaru?

Later.

Jason,

I think we should have another CA or SLO challenge. Something like "one or two deals in 60 days" for those who haven't done one and maybe a little more for those who have. I think we should talk more about the marketing and negotiating so everyone can learn something new.

Everyone should post their ideas.

Glenn,

Yes, you're in if you want to be. Of course you'll be cheating because you're here with me to show you the ropes. :angry:

Well now....the subu thing....hum. Yes, I was on my way to the dealer to buy a black one with the short throw shifter and boom box added stereo. $32K and my insurance guy was on the phone with the dealer...but then it hit me..........

The 2004 model has the same BHP as the 2005, but it's a lot cheaper. So I started looking at that...but then....

I started looking for something else just in case I couldn't find one.....and then...

I found something else that I'm looking at it this week....

Here's a comparable pic

post-421-1112585264.jpg

Adam, that's a nice car, man! And you know how much I'm into cars :angry:

I'll toss out a marketing idea:

Can't find enough FSBO/FRBOs in your area?

Collect addresses from realtor.com and look up the owners number through your local tax office or reverse address site.

Talking to sellers is the only way anything happens in this business and the more sellers you talk to, the more deals go down. Whether they call you or you call them doesn't matter, just get them on the phone and ask them Michael's powerful little phrase:

"Would you be interested in selling your house on a Lease Purchase?"

Ask that question enough times and good things will happen no matter where you are or who you are.

Doug,

I agree. I think that's a great idea and we should give it a shot. I also have something pretty powerful up my sleave, but I don't think it's time to bring it out in the open quite yet. We'll see how this challenge goes by itself first.

Regards,

Adam

PS Picked up another CA today. #40!! :wacko:

22 properties from an investment company in Lansing. Lower end properties from $60K to $150K

14 from a building in Rochester Hills (Pre-Construcion condos) $400K

1 in Lapeer that we purchased ourselves $242K

1 in Redford $132K

1 in Inkster $120K

1 in Taylor $277K

Look at a map, it'll crack you up where these cities are. This will tell you how far I'll go for a deal! LOL

Don't forget though, I have a team that works with me. That's pretty powerful stuff if you don't want to kill yourself working so hard!!! (Wish me luck) :angry:

BTW, I received 50 calls (lots of duplicates) from sellers since Tuesday from my postcard campaign. It wasn't so tough. So my goal now is to make 50 calls a week starting with FSBOs and FRBOs, and when I run out of them, I'll go to listed sellers.

I invite everyone to match or exceed my goal.

Doug,

I would love to see a postcard that's bringing in that many sellers. Motivated or not!

That would be a challenge in itself.

We could start with that and then move onto the ground work of getting them closed. The experience and ideas alone would be worth the challenge!

Regards,

Adam

Adam,

MAG Real Estate? They've had an ad running in the papers for a Real Estate Investors Workshop for free and I've called them 3x in the past week to inquire but they haven't bothered to return my calls. Imagine that.

I was thinking of going to increase my knowledge and do some networking. Hmm.

But can't get them to return my calls. Maybe cause you've had them tied up dealing with all their properties?

Am I wasting my time with these guys Adam? Whats the scoop with them, do you know? I just happened to read your post and recognized the name and sure enough, it was the same company. What are the odds.

Maybe I better keep on looking then. You got it going on dude.

Bottomzup,

Glenn

Glenn,

MAG Real Estate? They've had an ad running in the papers for a Real Estate Investors Workshop for free and I've called them 3x in the past week to inquire but they haven't bothered to return my calls. Imagine that.

I shouldn't have posted their name! :wacko::angry:

They're not blowing you off. They have just had a lot of response to their mentoring and can only deal with so many people. They're a great company though.

As for finding the right people, you don't need to look any further. I'll call you in the next 48 hours if you join the challenge.

Regards,

Adam

*TIP O THA DAY*

If you guys and gals are getting sellers that are hung up on a full price, cash sale (not motivated type), then market to homes that are 1-2 years old. Naturally, the loan will not be longer than 1-2 years old.

These are prime prospects for CAs. Not a lot of equity.

They can't get full price, as they will have to come out of pocket to sell.

This is where a CAs come in handy for them as well as us.

I'll call you in the next 48 hours if you join the challenge.

...you and that "48 hour" jive. :angry:

Works with sellers as well us too.

Ah...the anticipation. :wacko:

Gimme a call Adam.

You got my #?

It should be in your database in one of your numerous "toys". ;):)

PM me or email me if ya don't.

I'm in.

CA #41 Pontiac MI $145K

So,

How about some desires, goals and objectives from some newbies? There ain't many sites out here that can put the family together and do deals like this one.

Let's hear ya!

Adam

Ok Adam,

I want a little of what you have going on. I am up for a challenge. I think that I have a pretty good idea of how to do more deals, "get on the phone and call more sellers."

Anyway, I am a relative noob still to do a deal. I would like that to change. If anything you or others are doing can rub off on me, so much the better! I will take all the help I can get.

Alan

Challenge Criteria (For those interested)

I really think that I'm going to stay back on this one so I can help and learn with everyone.

Here's what I suggest for the challenge:

The "Pete" (puls123) method.

1. Read MC's manual.

2. Put out the signs and ads for sellers.

3. Call FSBOs and pitch an SLO. (For those that can hold property)

4. If they don't bite on the SLO, pitch the CA.

5. Get a deal

I think that if you're new, then the actual act of doing this will be great experience. To me the name of the game is trying to find out how "you" fit into the program.

I think one deal in 30 days is enough, but if you're really just starting and haven't done your marketing, then it could be pushed back to 45 days.

That's my opinion on the challenge.

What I'll offer.

Tips along the way. I would also love to help with anyone's posts and questions. There should be some great stuff about how to talk to sellers, but I would really love for everyone to learn their market and how the LO works for them. I would like in return good feedback so I can learn from you.

Regards,

Adam