The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Anyone Up For Another Challenge?

Count me in on the challenge. I spoke to my first seller Monday and think I have a deal lined up. They are selling by owner and want to try their luck til the end of April. Hopefully it won't sell and I'll get the CA signed.

Adam,

Count me in. Even though i have one deal in the fire trying to move it, im always interested in learning more info. Especially from someone with as much experience as you and a proven track record.

Sounds good to me guys/gals. The challenge is underway!

45 day challenge

For those who haven't done a deal, I challenge you to do one in 45 days. For those who have done a deal, I challenge you to do three in the time frame. And for those who have done more than 10, I challenge you to do 5 in 45 days.

Let's see what happens.

Regards,

Adam

I'm Game, count me in. I have Been hiding in the shadows :D too long. Its time to take action:

1. 25 Bandit signs going up this weekend and every weekend

2. 200 flyers out a week

3. call as many or all FRBO/FSBO

4. Hand out as many business cards as possible

5. ?? any other ideas you guys come up with to help me

-$EZMoney$

oh yeah, Noobie here so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, EZ

Magnetic signs for the car (truck).

I buy houses ABOVE market value within 30 days GUARANTEED! Call XXX-XXX-XXXX. This will get the SELLER'S attention.

Postcards to a neighborhood or "farm" area saying basically the same thing. Offer a $500 - $1000 referral fee. Repeat mailing every 3-4 weeks. This will get everyone's attention in your particular "farm" area of interest.

Focus your calls on FRBO's....they understand the renting game. When asked if they'd consider selling at the end of the lease, they'll pick up their ears a bit and listen. This will get the attention of the landlords.

You have all bases covered......you have everyone's attention Wash, rinse and repeat. :D

Guest Guest
Magnetic signs for the car (truck).

I buy houses ABOVE market value within 30 days GUARANTEED!  Call XXX-XXX-XXXX.  This will get the SELLER'S attention.

Postcards to a neighborhood or "farm" area saying basically the same thing.  Offer a $500 - $1000 referral fee.  Repeat mailing every 3-4 weeks.  This will get everyone's attention in your particular "farm" area of interest.

Focus your calls on FRBO's....they understand the renting game.  When asked if they'd consider selling at the end of the lease, they'll pick up their ears a bit and listen.  This will get the attention of the landlords.

You have all bases covered......you have everyone's attention  Wash, rinse and repeat. :D

Would you give that much of a fee if you only did a CA? Seems like a very high percentage of your profit eaten up.

Sounds good to me guys/gals.  The challenge is underway!

45 day challenge

For those who haven't done a deal, I challenge you to do one in 45 days.  For those who have done a deal, I challenge you to do three in the time frame.  And for those who have done more than 10, I challenge you to do 5 in 45 days.

Let's see what happens.

Regards,

Adam

Adam,

Realistically, can you challenge someone to get results? Probably not.

You CAN challenge them to do MEASURABLE activities like calling 50 FSBO/FRBO's in the next 30 days, or mailing 1000 postcards/letters, just like the previous challenges. All those activities produce results, anyway. But, they are pro-active steps leading to a desired goal.

I'm all for being accountable, but not for results. The n00bies like me will try our best and maybe come up short. We are losers if that happens.

But, challenge us to do the activities necessary to GET results that we can measure and say that we DID or did NOT do. If we DO them and don't get results right away, we can just keep on doing them because they will work eventually.

Challenging me to get a deal in 60 days if I haven't gotten one yet is scary and a challenge I might not even know HOW to accomplish.

Let's back up, if we can, and start with a challenge that can be measured by the accomplishment of "activities" rather than merely getting "results."

Thanks for listening..... :D

Would you give that much of a fee if you only did a CA? Seems like a very high percentage of your profit eaten up.

Sure. Make it 10% - 20% of the Option Fee up to $1000.00, with a minimum of $500.00.

You'll get their attention and when you PAY them their first referral fee, you'll hear from them again and again and again.

Do the math: $3000.00 Option Fee minus $500.00 = $2500.00 for getting a deal done you might not have found otherwise.

Sounds good to me ! Anyone else? :D

I'm Game, count me in. I have Been hiding in the shadows :D too long. Its time to take action:

2. 200 flyers out a week

-$EZMoney$

oh yeah, Noobie here so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, EZ

Are the bandit signs legal in most places and if so how good od a response could one expect? And any suggestion on what to put on the bandit sign?

Thanks

I'm all for being accountable, but not for results.  The n00bies like me will try our best and maybe come up short.  We are losers if that happens.

Rich,

You only get PAID for results! The ONLY way you could be a loser would be if you did NOT learn something from the experience. (By the way, I don't believe it's possible to go through a single day without learning something new!)

Challenging me to get a deal in 60 days if I haven't gotten one yet is scary and a challenge I might not even know HOW to accomplish.

If you don't know what to do, start with reading the manual -- cover to cover -- twice. Then start going through the "Marketing" forum posts and the "Lease Purchasing" forum posts to clear up what you are unsure of. Want a step by step guide? Try the book Get Clients Now. It will take you step-by-step through whatever stage of marketing you are currently in.

Let's back up, if we can, and start with a challenge that can be measured by the accomplishment of "activities" rather than merely getting "results."

Based on your posts, I think you know the basics -- pick up the phone and call some sellers and/or landlords.

Edited by Kimberly

I'm Game, count me in. I have Been hiding in the shadows :ninja: too long. Its time to take action:

2. 200 flyers out a week

-$EZMoney$

Are the bandit signs legal in most places and if so how good od a response could one expect? And any suggestion on what to put on the bandit sign?

Thanks

After this weekend I will tell you if they are legal here. But it varies from place to place. For wordage to use on the bandit signs mine is simple

WE BUY HOUSES

866-xxx-xxxx

-$EZMoney$

Sold,

Realistically, can you challenge someone to get results? Probably not.

You CAN challenge them to do MEASURABLE activities

Measurable activities "are" results. The process "is" the result. I don't challenge anyone to create a job for themselves, I challenge others and myself to learn more about what it is that "we" experience that is enjoyable. Go ahead and do the activities with no deal, but at the very least you'll be a HUGE step ahead of where you were. You'll know your likes, preferences and limits. That's what challenges are for: Simply to grow.

I'm all for being accountable, but not for results. The n00bies like me will try our best and maybe come up short. We are losers if that happens.

This sentence could show that you've already been beat. If we cannot get passed our fears of failure, then we may never get anywhere. I came up short for 2.5 years and never gave up. My first year I said I would make $100K and I only made $60K. The second year I said I wanted to make $500K and I only made the middle $100Ks. This year because there's no fear of not reaching my goals I have already just about made what I made the whole year last year! You don't know what you don't know and that's just about as powerful as it gets! ;)

If the whole world were blue, then there would be no blue. Real estate investing can only be measured by what the individual does. In other words, it is ALWAYS laid out, but the variables are too broad because of individual use to have measurable outcomes.

I buy houses ABOVE market value within 30 days GUARANTEED! Call XXX-XXX-XXXX.

I wouldn't do this. It caused me too many headaches when I did. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, it is. But there is an alternative. The alternative is to stick with what works. Find motivated sellers and offer them a solution. Once you offer your solution, tell them what you expect for compensation.

I would and do. The $500.00 finder's fee is my average now. I don't pay any less because it will bring you the same investor/newbie bringing you other deals. I did 2 CAs with a new investor in which "I" only made $500.00, she made the rest. Not a month later and she brought me a deal in which I paid her $1,000.00 and I made almost $150K on. CAs are a stepping stone that could make you an easy 6 figure income while helping you create a powerful network. On the other hand, I don't agree that if someone simply brings you a deal they should get anymore than a finder's fee. We don't charge our college professors to teach us do we?

Are the bandit signs legal in most places

Bandit signs may get you a fine, but usually a warning first. Check with you local authorities like my team has....by putting the UP!! :ninja:

Regards,

Adam

Hey!

Im down for a challenge. One quick thing to add. Sometimes when people attribute their success as an individual to doing certain things. That will sort of gum up the works.

I would suggest to try and look at it as: you do an action and you get a result. If you don't get a result after consistently doing an action. You want to change the action. There is no failure involved! Just cause and effect, see how simple that is. :ninja:

I agree with Kimberly. You can not fail, you can only learn or succeed. There is no failure except in the mind. The negative mind loop will do everything in its power to stop you from doing one thing and that is acting! If you ever struggle with doing action and constantly question yourself. That can sometimes be a good indication that you are struggling with limiting beliefs and the silly thing about them IS the only way to get rid of them is through positive results! That is why you can never think yourself into new habits! You can only act.

Just my two cents.

Have a great weekend and go get those deals!

-Chris ;)

Every action creates a result, if the result is not the one you desire, then change the action. I like that, nice thought Chris!

OK Adam I'm in.

This month I am trying bandit signs for the first time to see how they will do. Not sure of the number of deals, but after putting some signs out last week they are beginning to generate calls.

Good luck to everyone.

<Steve>