The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Anyone Up For Another Challenge?

OK Adam I'm in.

This month I am trying bandit signs for the first time to see how they will do.  Not sure of the number of deals, but after putting some signs out last week they are beginning to generate calls.

Good luck to everyone.

<Steve>

What did you put on your signs? What size?

"Will Pay Above Market Price for Your House!"with phone number & web site address.

The size of the sign is 12 x 18, yellow sign, with blue letters. Ordered from "Witness Design" posted here on the marketing forum. I ordered 100 signs for this month and have put out 50. Will try to get the rest of them out this week.

Steve, I'm thinking about ordering another batch of signs. How easy is the 12x18 size to read as people are speeding by in their cars?

Doug....Steve...anyone using bandit signs,

If you're worried about local violations in your respective areas, or if you don't think the font is pleasing to the eyes, then do what another investor here in Alabama does.... he mails the bandit signs to sellers. :ninja::D

Yep, he has actually mailed bandit signs saying: AVOID FORECLOSURE xxx-xxx-xxx....or something to that effect.

Guess it's an Alabama thing, eh?

Steve, I'm thinking about ordering another batch of signs. How easy is the 12x18 size to read as people are speeding by in their cars?

Doug, the smaller size is more difficult to read from a long distance, say across a street intersection. So, I have been putting them on poles and stakes in the same direction cars are traveling at stop lights or stop signs. This way when cars are stopped they can read the sign. The smaller size is easier to handle and quick to put up. Also being smaller the wind is less likely to fold/bend the sign or blow it down.

Just received a couple calls today from the signs. One call from a tired landlord with (2) nice bread and butter properties. After speaking for about 30 min. he likes the advantages of the lease purchase and the comps have checked out. So, I will be contacting him again...

Oh, and Jason, although these sign maybe smaller I don't think I could find an envelope big enough to mail them. :ninja::D:P One hell of a business card though. :D

Oh, and Jason, although these sign maybe smaller I don't think I could find an envelope big enough to mail them.    One hell of a business card though.

Oh no....no envelope needed.

This guy puts the seller's address on the back of the sign.

Thing is, virtually everyone who handles the sign (before it get to the seller's house) sees the front of the sign.

Embarrassing? hehe :D:ninja:

Good ideas Steve and keep us posted on the response!

Jason, that is one of the silliest marketing ideas I've ever heard! I bet it works pretty well too :ninja:

Called several FSBOs, two Realtors and picked up three $385 consulting fee checks for people looking to rent to own that have $5K or more to put down. Started looking for properties for them to do a CA or cash deal on.

Negotiated a Sub to, but didn't take it because after finding out that it had two feet of water in the basement the numbers didn't work. Sheesh...

Had someone steel the jacuzzi off of the property of a house we just bought...damn. (It was the old owners. I guess we didn't make it clear in the PA that it was supposed to stay huh? :D )

Heading to FL to TP MC's hous....er, hang out with him. :ninja:

Later dudes/dudets,

Adam

Heading to FL to TP MC's hous....er, hang out with him.  :ninja:

Later dudes/dudets,

Adam

I can be found 'neath the tiki hut, wearing Speedos, mumbling incoherently...

PS: what is "TP"?

PS:  what is "TP"?

TP.........and old college term. Your house is marked for Toilet Papering, amigo.

PS:  what is "TP"?

TP.........and old college term. Your house is marked for Toilet Papering, amigo.

Ah! So Adam is planning on TP'ing mi casa, eh? Sure hope that TP is made of kevlar, or our bud from Michigan is gonna look like swiss cheese... ;)B)

MC,

I wouldn't worry about it. We're already here (FL) and I'm not going to abuse my throwing arm. Plus, I don't think I need to give you an excuse for target practice! B)

Talk to you soon,

Adam

OK, I don't know if this challenge is still rolling, but I just picked up a deal from using bandit signs for the first time. :) The house is in a new development about 3 years new!

FMV $120K

my price $106K

Market rent $850-$900

my rent $735

2 year term

This home is in phase 1 of a new development and because phase 2 has started construction, the folks in phase 1 are finding it difficult to sell traditionally. Why would people buy a used house in phase 1, when they could buy new in phase 2. So, this seemed like a good place for a bandit sign. :ninja: Put it right at the entrance. ^_^

I think I need to find some more developments starting new construction phases. Oh, and marketing with bandit signs...it works! ;)