The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Anyone Up For Another Challenge?

Adam,

You doing anything different as far as marketing wise in your pursuit of these 317 CAs you're going to get at the end of this 30-day challenge of yours?

Whatcha doing?

Just crankin' out those "warm" calls?

What?

We'd all love to know. :ninja:

Jason,

Really most of them are word of mouth or leads from people I work with. We're really hitting the lower market ($100K area) hard right now because it seems to be the most lucrative. For some reason most sellers here in MI's EXTREME buyer's market still think they're going to get top dollar. :ninja:

FSBOs are still working well for us too.

Nothing major, no signs, few ads. Just networking.

Regards,

Adam

PS Keep copies of your checks! It's amazing to see how they add up after a while! DO NOT discount the little ones either! There's nothing wrong with making $100.00 in this business. As long as it keeps multiplying itself!

PPS I'm at 318 now. ^_^

Okay, here's some tips.

I just got done reading how many people have read this thread! :ninja:

Get your signs out, your ads out and your cards out.

If you are going for CAs on this challenge CALL THOSE WE BUY HOUSES ADS!

Hi, this is soanso. I am also an investor that is looking for properties. I am able to perform acquisitions on deals that you may turn down because of lack of equity, location or simply if you don't want, or can't do the deal. I will be happy to pay you a finder's fee, or partner with you on the deal. Again, any deals that you cannot accomplish because of this criteria, I would love the opportunity.

Note: The more you can personally offer, i.e. cash to loan, negotiating skills, experience with contracts ets, the better chances you will get the interest of the investor whether they are new or seasoned. The CA is a VERY maverick tool that VERY few people know about.

If this doens't land you a deal within the time of the challenge, then there's something about YOU that's not working.

AND DO NOT tell me that I'm kicking butt in MI because of my market. Because if you do, you better be willing to challenge me $5,000.00 and airfare to come to your state and prove you wrong! :)

I almost called a FSBO when I was in MC's local last week. My wife was cracking up.

So, how are you going to show this one? ^_^

Regards,

Adam

I have been talking to a nice old lady that contacted me over 18 month ago. She re-contacted me 2 weeks ago and was quite surprised when I said Ms. Bxxxx how are you and she hadn't even mentioned here first name. I asked about the property (gave the street, couldn't remember the #) and she went on about it (about 2 weeks before I came across an old note book with her info in it. I decided to go with a ca cause I didn't want to deal with it and I like the Idea of getting her the best price.

So, I explained the concept of a ca she liked the idea she in a tired LL.

About an hour later she calls back, come to find out (I kinda figured this) but she owns the property next door. So, she starts telling me about how she was thinking about moving to NC and how she owned the 2 houses and the vacant lot on the corner. She then asked how I would deal with this? so I told her finance her free and clear house for a dp (down payment), l/o the rental, move, l/o her house and then sell the vacant property as commercial.

So today I get a call from her son, here we go I am thinking. Low and behold she tried to explain it and finally said here is his number you talk to him.

I explain it to him, and he grasps the idea pretty good and says okay. He explains how his mom is just stressed out with the property and how she really liked me, so she is going out of town and will call me next week.

Funny how seeds planted 1 1/2 years ago can grow.

These CA's are simple they sell them selves.

Funny how seeds planted 1 1/2 years ago can grow.

These CA's are simple they sell them selves.

Ain't that the truth...on both counts!

Just checking in to see how things are going on the challenge. So far I've closed two since the return from FL...you know, the place where it's NOT FRICKING FREEZING!!!! :blush:

"Warm" Regards,

Adam

OK just finished writing up the contracts tonight, and will be meeting the seller tomorrow morning to sign.

This is a nice $90K townhouse I am getting on a "Naked Investor SLO" for $77K for 24 months and a right to extend for an additional 12 month term. (Oh, just thought I would throw in the Naked Investor plug ;) )

I won't make a lot of profit from the monthly rent on this one, but the equity will allow for front end & possible back end profit which works for me. :)

Also...

Have a meeting scheduled middle of next week, meeting with a seller moving out of town next month and is over financed with a new house and is wanting to do a CA. :)

These deals have been from bandit signs placed in specific target areas that other marketing methods did not work as well.

Salute! :D

(Oh, just thought I would throw in the Naked Investor plug  :D )
Of course. Usual compensation applies, Steve? Check is in the mail... :)

Needless to say this "community challenge" was a flop this time. No biggy, you can't win them all.

I got so busy with other things (My absence should say it all) that I TOO slacked off. As always, I'm sure we learned something right? :lol::ninja:

Oh well, we'll get another one we're we'll have some other cool support stuff like....teleconferences?

Hum.......

Adam

Needless to say this "community challenge" was a flop this time.  No biggy, you can't win them all.

I don't necessarily agree, Adam. Posing a challenge like this serves to light a fire under some folks. They may not have the immediate results to post, or a check to cash today, but if it pushed them out of their comfort zone and talking to sellers, then indeed, the challenge served a purpose.

That would be me. I didn't land any CAs or SLOs but I did call some sellers and had a higher percentage with some interest than ever before.

I'm still struggling with my own problems of talking to sellers but I would say this challenge helped me in that area.