The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
steve55121

Bandit Sign Police

OUCH!.

This is my 1st time really advertising in this Suburb that I moved to recently. WOW looks like the bandit sign police are quick here (code enforcement). Left a voicemail for me telling me...... the fines ect.... looks like the max is 1,000 or 90 in jail. Sounds funny for just placing signs in the right of way. I was called before from my last suburb.... and there it was like 20.00 fine for your 1st time... when that code enforcement person called me I talked to him and ended up hanging up on him.... nothing happend.... just was more careful when placing signs.

I think this is a bunch of BS for my area.... we all see it on the weekends the apartment building have tons of signs in the right of way of the roads.....I have heard thats because they do it on the weekends.... and remove before sunday night.... thats how they get away with it.

I have heard the service they use to get their signs placed is only a few bucks per sign..... I might need to look into that.

-Steve

So the BS Police are flapping their wings, eh? Some communities are uptight about these things. I know someone down by me who was threatened just about a week ago with a thousand dollar per sign fine for every sign that was placed anywhere in the county.

You can try weekends, as you already said. You can also use an untraceable number on your signs. Then, the only concern you would have is actually being caught in the act.....but that didn't seem to hurt PeeWee Herman's career. :D;)

I have heard thats because they do it on the weekends.... and remove before sunday night.... thats how they get away with it.

Steve:

I saw a RE article written which stated this same thing. "Only put the signs out on the weekends and remove them Sunday night." Going to try that this weekend. It keeps them off your back.

Craig

My local area has strict sign ordinances.

The latest popular marketing kick is to place 12 bright full size signs at busy intersections, (weekends only).

Each signs in small lettering at the bottom says "We support local law enforcement. This sign will be removed Sunday PM"

This is working for the past 6 weeks. And the signs are back every weekend like clockwork and stay there all weekend until Sunday PM.

How about open house signs? You should be able to put them out on weekends too. If your area is anything like mine there are dozens if not hundreds of realtor open house signs all over the place every weekend.

An open house can be an effective marketing tool for RTOs. Just make sure you don't copy the way agent's do it since their open houses work out only 1% of the time!

Put em' up Friday night, take them down Sunday night.

Because of the work involved, you can pay/partner with newbies to help. This is a win/win.

Just my two cents,

Adam

PS Just read everyone else's posts. You all got it.

Put em' up Friday night, take them down Sunday night. 

Because of the work involved, you can pay/partner with newbies to help.  This is a win/win.

Just my two cents,

Adam

PS Just read everyone else's posts.  You all got it.

Say Certified Hunk, Does your T-Shirt say I buy houses on both sides while at the GYM? Just my two cents because you should try it.

Hey Craig,

Be careful for what you wish for...

I really got me this time. Thats what separates the boys from the MEN...