The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jmccade

Auction Software

Does anyone have any suggestions for online auction software? I am rebuilding my website and am thinking hard about starting to use online auctions to move my houses.

Jake

Ebay or www.superstreetsmartwebprofits.com

Jonathan,

The web profits link does not work.

Is this what you use for your website? How much did your site cost or did you design it yourself? Good job with it either way.

Jake

Does anyone have any suggestions for online auction software? I am rebuilding my website and am thinking hard about starting to use online auctions to move my houses.

Jake

Hi Jake:

I called YAHOO concerning this same question. They said if I went to www.hotscripts.com they have many offers both free and pay for such wares to be added the your web site which manage the auction service.

He did say that the middle package had to be purchased for such scripts to operate. I have a my host as YAHOO. Its only the low package for $11.95 per month so I would have to upgrade before I ran a auction.

Would say I get lots of information from YAHOO for a seamless service I am very happy with. Even has a SPELLCHECKER ( I believe that was hard to find at one time.) Right Michael?

Craig

I called YAHOO concerning this same question. They said if I went to www.hotscripts.com they have many offers both free and pay for such wares to be added the your web site which manage the auction service.

He did say that the middle package had to be purchased for such scripts to operate. I have a my host as YAHOO. Its only the low package for $11.95 per month so I would have to upgrade before I ran a auction.

Thanks for the info, Craig. I checked out Hotscripts and I'm in the process to see if I can integrate any of them into my website (which I built using a template program called Website Complete). Hopefully I'll hear back on that pretty soon.

One question though: How do you coordinate the auction between the phone and the website? Some people don't have internet access, so I wouldn't imagine that it's done exclusively online.

I'll let everyone know what I find out from my hosting company (godaddy.com) about integrating the CGI scripts into my website.

Yes, thank you Craig, that's a great site!

My host Dot Easy offers PHP and Perl support for $7.95/mo.

I'm trying to install eAuction (a free Perl program) I'll let you know how it goes.

I have Open Realty setup, and I am allowing investors to use it for free to post there properties. You get your own account to put up your listings, your own contact information (ie. phone, website url, company info), and anyone who submits for a mortgage application via your listing will be pre-qualified for you at no cost.

I figure this is a great way to build a larger list of Rent To Own homes and help us all by making this more acceptable to the masses.

Plus I am finding driving sellers to the site is motivating them to use my lipropertysolutions.com website.

http://www.fsbomortgages.info

Here is one listing I put up for our very own Alan ..... 10 Sunset Drive

Next week I should have the same offer for Auctions using PHPAuction.

Mike

^_^

Edited by mpine

Hey Mike, I don't suppose Open Realty will pre-qual for Canada?

I do not lend in Canada, so credit reports would have to be submitted to me. I can still give free listings however :)