The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Bandit Sign Cops

Okay I got 125 signs from Harbor. Yes all hand made and I am high from the marker smell...

I have sent out email request asking about town ordinances on real estate signs. My thinking if they are hand made I won't get to many local police calling. Playing the game etc. and will try to be selective about the ordinances too. TRY...

Is there any suggestions about the Bandit sign cops which I might be advised about. Will be doing the phone pole thing. At intersections.

Welcome to NY laws.

Well some people have this kind of system.

They have a WE BUY HOUSE message

800# that is a voice mail

Website that is not traceable.

Indeed, some people do. :angry: I hear those prepaid cellular phones are also a favorite among the stealthy set. :blush:

Just got the computer up....Track phones are great just give them bogus info when you by it. Gotta go cops are after me (last batch of 500 signs I used the 866 # which with a lot of effort is traceable.

It's been my recent experience that the bandit signs are basically illegal everywhere. The most severe penalty seems to be the removal and destruction of the signs but some cities allow for fines if they really want to get mean.

There has got to be a better way...?

There has got to be a better way...?
There are other ways, Gary. But bandit signs are generally very effective and cost efficient. Which is why you see them most everywhere, and why investors risk being publicly flogged in the village square if caught. But, like Tony said, there is a way around most things. And with signs it seems the way to go is to use an untraceable cell phone number.