The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BigLou

Addendums To Contracts

Hi there,

I have a client who signed a Florida real estate contract to sell his property and on the contract the realtor checked the addendum box for a 1031 exchange and another box for a homestead exemption,(which my client advised her to do both) my client lives in one of the rental apartments and rents the others, if that helps you. he is selling the entire apartment buidling, which includes shops downstairs. The realtor was suppose to prepare the addendums and she has not done this yet. The contract states "this is the entire contract" but there were no addendums attached. My client now wants out of the contract. Can the buyer prevail and force specific performance if my client does not want to proceed with the deal? Is there any other way out of this deal? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou

Hi BigLou, and welcome to The Naked Investor. I'm sorry to say that at this time our Legal Eagle is without guidance. Our previous board attorney has flown the coop due to the time constraints of his practice. Finding a replacement has not been easy, much to my surprise and dismay. :ninja:

As for your question, I'm sure any attorney attempting to answer it would probably tell you that without reviewing the paperwork it's a tough call to make. You'd probably be best served having someone local assist you.