The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Back In The Game

Yeah, remember this post?

Finally got a deposit on one of them two days ago.  Man, I said 7 days?  Welcome to Hell, er Michigan.... ^_^

If you'd like, Adam, I can edit your original post to read 7 weeks. No one will be the wiser, and you'll come off looking like a genius!

Michigan? Hell? C'mon, I'll trade places with you. We have Katrina bearing down on us as we speak. She's not much of a blow, but she is bringing us an expected five to ten inches of rain in the next 48 hours or so. Worst of all, the damn schools closed down Thursday and Friday. That's two lil' Carbonare's in the house when I wasn't planning on 'em being here! :(

Yeah, remember this post?Finally got a deposit on one of them two days ago.  Man, I said 7 days?  Welcome to Hell, er Michigan.... :(

Michigan? Hell? C'mon, I'll trade places with you. We have Katrina bearing down on us as we speak. She's not much of a blow, but she is bringing us an expected five to ten inches of rain in the next 48 hours or so.
Man, I don't know how u people can put up with them hurricanes in FL .. When I lived there I only went through 2 hurricanes and I was so out of that darn State in a heart-beat, forget that! ^_^

Of all the places in the Nation I've ever lived in (which is just about all over the Nation) I am so happy I met and stayed in CA, wouldn't change anything about it nor will I ever leave this beautiful State :P (earthquakes? At least here we have disastrous / fatal earthquakes like every 50 yrs or so... FL has their disasters like 20 times per yr! )

Oh, hope this makes you feel better, Admin :P

(but just in case... ahem, put me in your will ;) )

She's not much of a blow, but she is bringing us an expected five to ten inches of rain in the next 48 hours or so.
Hehe...that's been updated to 20 inches of rain :(. Guess I'll go put my Speedo's on now, and grab my snorkel. ^_^

Michael, how on earth do you guys deal with 20 inches of rain in 2 days? Isn't FL very low-lying?

We had 2.5 inches in 3 hours a few days ago and even that was enough to have water knocking on my back door, and I live on the top of a hill!

Michael, how on earth do you guys deal with 20 inches of rain in 2 days? Isn't FL very low-lying?
A number of factors help in this situation. First, the soil here has a high sand content, making it very absorbent. Fortunately, the past month has been drier than normal, so that will help, too.

Also, (and this is a well kept secret ^_^ ), Floridians have flippers where you normal types have feet. Quite practical on days like this... :(

Gotta run....there's a couple of really nice breakers on my front lawn...some body surfing about now to relieve the stress seems like a good idea.

Yeah, remember this post?

Finally got a deposit on one of them two days ago.  Man, I said 7 days?  Welcome to Hell, er Michigan.... ^_^

Adam, As you know I'm from MI also. What do you mean by your MI comment? Are you changing your approach based on the RE mrkt in the Detroit area? Just today on the front page of the Detroit News there is an article about RE taking longer to sell and anticipated problems with values going down due to the local economy. What's your take? :(

My take is exactly that. I have been experiencing the same thing as everything is taking a long time to move. We are PRIME for CAs here. I would get on your CA game ASAP!!!

I am launching another CA campaign here at the end of next week. I don't usually go into Detroit but I have a lot of people I'm working with that are hitting the streets there hard! I'm also heading into Bay City, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Oakland and Wayne counties as of the next month. It's time to get things back on track.

Regards,

Adam

When you say "heading in" do you mean with an add campaign?

Thanks,

Vito

My take is exactly that.  I have been experiencing the same thing as everything is taking a long time to move.  We are PRIME for CAs here.  I would get on your CA game ASAP!!!

I am launching another CA campaign here at the end of next week.  I don't usually go into Detroit but I have a lot of people I'm working with that are hitting the streets there hard! I'm also heading into Bay City, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Oakland and Wayne counties as of the next month.  It's time to get things back on track.

Regards,

Adam