The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Rich08

Marketing Success

I mostly hear of success on this forum from calling fsbo's and frbo's. Anyone had much luck using any of the other methods?

Direct mail

Signs

Flyers

Newspaper ads

Thanks

Rich, I've received a LOT of calls from direct mail and newspapers, less from signs, and none from flyers. But the quality of the leads has always been far below that of cold calls to FS/FRBOs.

Rich, I've received a LOT of calls from direct mail and newspapers, less from signs, and none from flyers. But the quality of the leads has always been far below that of cold calls to FS/FRBOs.

Did you ever close any deals from your postcard campaign aimed at MLS listings? Do you plan to try that again, or will you just stick with what works best from here forward (cold calls)?

Thanks again.

No I haven't closed any deals from any of my marketing it's been a waste of thousands of dollars unfortunately.

If cold calling stops working or it becomes illegal to call people about buying their house, then I'll go back to marketing.

I mostly hear of success on this forum from calling fsbo's and frbo's. Anyone had much luck using any of the other methods?

Direct mail

Signs

Flyers

Newspaper ads

Rich08, I'm a 100% phone person simply because is the best way to get quality leads, period! BUT lately I've tried email to FRBO's and I'm getting the same response as cold calling.. the ONLY advantage I am seing in the email technique in my opinion is the langauage communication.. is so much easier for me to communicate with them this way (most of the homeowners/landlords/investors/builders here are Middle Eastern) .. on the phone I struggle a bit to communicate but that's okay too!

Direct mail

Signs

Flyers

Newspaper ads

Rich08, I'm a 100% phone person simply because is the best way to get quality leads, period! BUT lately I've tried email to FRBO's and I'm getting the same response as cold calling.. the ONLY advantage I am seing in the email technique in my opinion is the langauage communication.. is so much easier for me to communicate with them this way (most of the homeowners/landlords/investors/builders here are Middle Eastern) .. on the phone I struggle a bit to communicate but that's okay too!

How did you get the email addresses of people doing frbo's? So you don't go after fsbo's at all at this point?

Thanks Bev

How did you get the email addresses of people doing frbo's?  So you don't go after fsbo's at all at this point?Thanks Bev

Every FRBO ad online has them (RentClicks..etc) and most of them are from Craig's List which is the one I've been familiar with like for ever!

How did you get the email addresses of people doing frbo's?  So you don't go after fsbo's at all at this point?Thanks Bev

Every FRBO ad online has them (RentClicks..etc) and most of them are from Craig's List which is the one I've been familiar with like for ever!

Bev,

So I assume you have found frbo's more open to a CA than fsbo people?

Thanks.

Anyone,

Has anyone else had any real luck using any of the other marketing ideas?

I've personally found FRBOs to be something of a two-edged sword. On the one hand they're more receptive because they're all willing to take payments. But on the other hand I find they often want much more money per month and their properties are usually not as nice.

Every market is different, I think you just have to test everything out and see what works for you.

Guest Guest_Larry_*
I've personally found FRBOs to be something of a two-edged sword. On the one hand they're more receptive because they're all willing to take payments. But on the other hand I find they often want much more money per month and their properties are usually not as nice.

Every market is different, I think you just have to test everything out and see what works for you.

So you get most of your leads from FSBO then?

Bev,

So I assume you have found frbo's more open to a CA than fsbo people?

Thanks

Lemme put it this way.... the very FIRST call I made to an FRBO ad on the news paper said YES and it turned into a very wealthy profit :rolleyes:

100% of my deals ARE FRBO

Over the course of a year, every single house for rent I have called has been advertised by a realtor :rolleyes:

Maybe its to expensive in my market for homeowners to bother advertising in the newspapers. I believe it is $600/wk, highway robbery!

Larry, yup. There are deals to be had among FRBOs around here, they're not just quite as easy to find as in Bev's area. Like I said every market is different.

Mike, $600/wk? daaamn! Thank goodness for bandit signs :rolleyes:

Sorry, my bad $677/60 days $493/30 days

Still damn expensive

post-169-1122787185.jpg

Over the course of a year, every single house for rent I have called has been advertised by a realtor :rolleyes:

Maybe its to expensive in my market for homeowners to bother advertising in the newspapers.  I believe it is $600/wk, highway robbery!

Those rates are just about right tho... here in my area, a classified ad runs for....

- $312.00 for 14 days up to 5 lines

- $187.00 for 14 days up to 3 lines

No wonder these FRBO's get excited when I call them about their properties... they're paying hundreds of dollars and hardly ever they get a call.. The least I can do is call them! :wacko:

Thank goodness for Craig's List and the free online services to advertise on, lots of FRBO's turn that direction to advertise their properties. Can't say I blame them!