The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ikeda

Cold calling techniques

Hello Fellow Investors:

Being ever on the look out on ways I can improve my cold calling I found a book last night that might be of interest.

About two days ago, I was talking to a guy who started selling insurance last month with the company I am thinking of working with. He recommended this book to me: "Cold Calling Techniques" by Stephan Shiffman. Last night I got a copy of the soft cover for $8.95 from Barnes and Noble and I got through the first 25 pages before my eyes turned to rocks!

It is a fantastic book and I'm starting to feel rejuvenated about doing cold calls again. Some excerpts:

"The key to successful selling has to be getting appointments, but most salespeople don't realize that. Sixty five percent of success, I've learned, is finding people and telling them what you do."

"Your number one competitor today is the status quo. The status quo is what people are doing right now. If you understand that, you're going to be successful. It's rare that we're really up against a competitor- we're really up against is the incumbent, the status quo. Remember, most of your potential customers are happy with what they've got - otherwise, they would be calling you!"

I'll stop here and let you grab a copy. So far, it's been a great blessing to me and I'm looking forward to getting on the phone again soon!! Let's get on the phone and talk to some people!!

Best wishes,

Andrew

Sign in to follow this