The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
#1investor_cream

Troubled Marketing

Since my dad and i started this type of buisness everytime we have advertised we have recieved dozens and dozens of calls (t/b's) using signs and flyers Hundreds of them.

This time we haven't had any luck whatssoever

Our flyers look like this... B)

RENT-2-OWN

3bd/2ba singleFamilyhouse 1,500mo.

The American Deam Home

Spectacular 230,800 Spectacular

50%RentCredit 50%RentCredit

Hurry Property Wont Last

Call Now

305-668-2267 305-668-7478

Since my dad and i started  this type of buisness everytime we have advertised we have recieved dozens and dozens of calls (t/b's) using signs and flyers Hundreds of them.

Our  flyers look like this... ;)

RENT-2-OWN

3bd/2ba  singleFamilyhouse  1,500mo.

The American Deam Home

50%RentCredit            50%RentCredit

Hurry Property Wont Last

Call  Now

305-668-2267          305-668-7478

What my son is trying to say that this time around after putting out the signs and flyers for 2 deals that we have on hand we have not had a call I mean not one call is the market slowing down because of the school days coming up or what? This was our second week of ads and nothing next week we'er going at it again see what happens. B)

I like to say that the one consistency in this business is the inconsistency. The same ad, the identical sign, your usual marketing techniques may work like gangbusters for a few weeks. Then, all of a sudden, the silence is deafening.

Sometimes you'll find that pulling your marketing for a week or two is what's needed. Kind of a refresher for your ads and signs. Perhaps a change or tweak in the wording of an ad, or the color of your signs and flyers will help. That's been my experience, anyway.

And the other thing is not to make any rash judgements. Don't base the effectiveness of your marketing on one weekend ad, or a twenty bandit sign sample. That's just not enough time to formulate any definitive answers.

Since my dad and i started  this type of buisness everytime we have advertised we have recieved dozens and dozens of calls (t/b's) using signs and flyers Hundreds of them.

Our  flyers look like this... :P

RENT-2-OWN

3bd/2ba  singleFamilyhouse   1,500mo.

The American Deam Home

50%RentCredit             50%RentCredit

Hurry Property Wont Last

Call  Now

305-668-2267          305-668-7478

What my son is trying to say that this time around after putting out the signs and flyers for 2 deals that we have on hand we have not had a call I mean not one call is the market slowing down because of the school days coming up or what? This was our second week of ads and nothing next week we'er going at it again see what happens. :(

We are having the same problem! We have flyer'd neighborhoods with no luck, all the usual signs and ads...so I am saying "we need to rethink this!" WHAT am I doing wrong? Are you guys flyering (like we put them in the newspaper box or if none - folded over the flag) the neighboring houses or what? I have to do something, my cash flow needs a boost.

Cream, I don't recall if it was u that asked me this question on an email or not, but I've got several other emails asking me this same questions (how do I get TB's) so I'll post my answer here ....

- I do 100% of my TB's marketings online!! (I have never used an offline type of marketing to close a deal.. not directional signs, not ads on the newspaper, not signs on the yards, not brochures, not flyers, not nothing offline, period!)

- My idea of marketing for TB's is to "close a deal", NOT to get my phone ringing!

- I know I've said this before but... I never market for TB's locally! I market to nearby towns/cities where houses and rents are higher (which is just about everywhere I look :blush: )

Hello Bev...

Just curious when you say that you advertise solely online, but to other communities, how do you do that without ads? Thanks!

Hello Bev...

Just curious when you say that you advertise solely online, but to other communities, how do you do that without ads?  Thanks!

AmyB,

I get my TB's from all sorts of online ads only... like most of the FSBO & FRBO sites I see online have their classifieds by "communities" ... I also use Craig's List a lot, they also have different communicties there... I remember using Craig's List way way way back in the old days when I used to put my cars for sale there and it was only one category for "everything" :blush: ..it didn't take much for this site to super-grow so rapidly!!

So you are saying that you advertise ALL your homes online at some type of fsbo/frbo website? No classifieds, flyers or signs?

So you are saying that you advertise ALL your homes online at some type of fsbo/frbo website? No classifieds, flyers or signs?

That's right AmyB!

I haven't used a thing offline on any of the properties I have closed so far, (flyers, brochures, newspaper ads, yard signs etc)

But then again, I've only been involved in REI for a few months so I'm still in the testing mode, and online marketing is what works for me in my market. Offline marketing just doesn't appeal to me at all, and besides, I've been involved with online marketing almost all my life.

I remember there was one time when I got my very first CA (long time ago) and placed an ad on the newspaper (offline marketing) for one month (cost me a bundle), I was so disappointed, all the calls I got were from Investors offering me SLO :blush: ..I wasted time and money but learned a very valuable lesson :o

That's right AmyB!

I haven't used a thing offline on any of the properties I have closed so far, (flyers, brochures, newspaper ads, yard signs etc)

But then again, I've only been involved in REI for a few months so I'm still in the testing mode, and online marketing is what works for me in my market. Offline marketing just doesn't appeal to me at all, and besides, I've been involved with online marketing almost all my life.

I remember there was one time when I got my very first CA (long time ago) and placed an ad on the newspaper (offline marketing) for one month (cost me a bundle), I was so disappointed, all the calls I got were from Investors offering me SLO :blush: ..I wasted time and money but learned a very valuable lesson :o

Wow, your posts are just so great! I think that the question is could we get a little help with some of the websites other than Craig's List, that you place ads on. The free ones and the paid kind. Thank you once again for all your help.

Wow, your posts are just so great! I think that the question is could we get a little help with some of the websites other than Craig's List, that you place ads on.  The free ones and the paid kind. Thank you once again for all your help.

Mega, I honestly and personally like allthelistings.com, is free and also paid. Even though I stopped using it a while back, I miss it so much ^_^

Why did I stop using it? Because the webmaster/owner needed for my ad to state the Price of the home in the title and I refused as I don't like to include the price on the heading of my ads only in the body so that readers understand that this is a Rent To Own not an outright sale. Anyway I really like that site because it sends your ads to so many other paid / free ads specially the "foreclosure sites" which is one of the most visited sites online and generates most of the tb's from.

Or you can do a google search on FSBO or FRBO for other ones.. my advice is that if you do place ads on any of these sites and they ask for a web site address to the property, DON'T include it..unless you use a particular site with your one property in it not linked to your biz site, otherwise they will charge you for biz package rate instead of free or regular rate, but then again, if u don't mind paying that price then go for it :P

I don't have all the sites I use infront of me at this time (I'm in a rush right now) so I can't tell u exactly which ones i used but there is a thread here somewhere that lists them all... do a search on the forum and you'll find them all. But allthelistings.com is by far the best I've experience so far :(