The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

$500 If Free Gas

:ninja: While working hard at my full time job today I began thinking of a new way to market Lease Options. This is my one post to the marketing form this month so I hope it helps your marketing too.

I would like to hear results on others thoughts. These forums bring on the brainstorming which just doesn't seem to happen at work anymore... But, yes I love my JOB it has paid the bills for years and provides the needs for my family at this time.

If you saw a yellow bandit sign at the gas station saying "Ask me about $500 in FREE GAS [/b] would you stop and inquire? I sure would FAST. Cheap as I am!

While inside inquiring, the gas attendant gives you a yellow and red business card saying the same thing as the sign but with a web address example sign up at FREE GAS. Do not click the link it hasn't been designed ,yet, but if you want to visit the site you are welcome too.

So the visitor isn't a bird dog but would sure like $500.00 in FREE GAS. He goes to your site address and reviews your site, gets the information. While in there he sees your product and might know someone or a house which you can try to sign up a contract with. If not he might start asking friends and family etc.

While in there in fills out a form providing answers to questions about where he saw the sign etc.. Making him your bird dog for the $500.00 gas and if he has a referral now or in the future. TEll him to BOOKMARK YOUR SITE. You get his email address and information, put him on a mailing list of bird dogs. Each few weeks send him a newsletter about bird dogging and the ins and outs.

It builds a relationship with you and the idea. At this point he thinks of you as just GAS but it will work, trust me. When and if he sends you a referral and you close deal, send him a $500.00 credit of free gas at that same station he saw the sign at.

You have just trained the bird dog. Great work... He thinks of the GAS not what his voice sounds like as he is learning how to call clients blah blah blah. He might give you a friends address who is thinking of selling his house or he might start asking his friends if they know of anyone who might be interested in selling etc. Its a WIN WIN WIN for everyone.

The fact is it's OPE "other peoples efforts" which is helping you get referrals. It doesn't cost you anything until the deal is done and money is in your hand. A real bird dogger is going to frown at $500.00 but this newbe doesn't now what a bird dogger even should make. He is just thinking that's lots of gas for a referral deal. After getting one he will love it. Like us, one, leads us to 2.

The gas station (remember its all in the GAS) who provided space for the sign gets the sale of $500.00 in gas.He is happy in this day of price wars at the pump. He gets inquires and added traffic. While just handing the cards out and it doesn't take his time up while getting a possible sale of $500.00 of gas.

Then one step further. Call the local TV station for local news and tip line. Explain to them the free gas for referrals and they might even announce it and visit the gas station for a free information spot on the TV news station.

One area I need some help on is the how to control the $500.00 in gas at that specific station? Got any ideas?

Yes ,here is one NAKED INVESTOR CREDIT Cards! MC show us some logos we can use too. Seems I recall one you used to show your all that really got the conversation going. YEP YEP YEP.

Have a great day.

FREE GAS

Craig,

This is a great idea. I currently do this with a neighborhood cell phone store. $200 toward a cell phone plan through that store. It doesn't cost anything to put in place.

Dan

Craig,

This is a great idea.  I currently do this with a neighborhood cell phone store.  $200 toward a cell phone plan through that store.  It doesn't cost anything to put in place.

Dan

How do award the money? As a gift certificate? In store Credit?

Store credit works best in this situation. I get a discount on the $200 anyway because the store gets an increase in traffic and restricts the award to buying a cell phone or plan from the store itself.

I was going to propose the same plan to the Radio Shack stores in my area and work out a deal.

Dan

Store credit works best in this situation.  I get a discount on the $200 anyway because the store gets an increase in traffic and restricts the award to buying a cell phone or plan from the store itself.

I was going to propose the same plan to the Radio Shack stores in my area and work out a deal.

Dan

Dan,

Gas is so high now I think this will be a real eye opener to everyone. I am going to order my bright yellow bus. cards with red lettering this week. It still need to get a plan for the payment for gas. I don't like giving cash.

Craig

Dan,

Gas is so high now I think this will be a real eye opener to everyone. I am going to order my bright yellow bus. cards with red lettering this week. It still need to get a plan for the payment for gas. I don't like giving cash.

Craig

Think of a related situation like a free oil change. In my area, it is under $20. It doesn't have the impact as $500 of free gas but it may work.

You could also make it $200 of free gas.

Dan

Hi Craig

I love this idea!!!!! I just wanted to know if the gas stations in your area have prepaid gift cards because some of the ones in Canada do if they do it might help get rid of your reluctance to give cash to the station if that is your problem.

Gordon Holtner

There has to be a way to give a perceived value of $500 but pay less for that value.

I don't have any new ideas so I hope someone has a good idea we can use.

Dan

Hi Craig

I love this idea!!!!!  I just wanted to know if the gas stations in your area have prepaid gift cards because some of the ones in Canada do if they do it might help get rid of your reluctance to give cash to the station if that is your problem.

Gordon Holtner

Hi Gordon:

Glad to hear you like the idea too. I am more of a solutions nut being from the engineering community. More of a get the idea going and run on to the next thing.

I did some research on gift cards. You can get a sampler pack of 100 for $99.00 dollars. With your logo on them and they would work like a debt card for the amount you sign up for.

For now I am going to go with a large order of Vista Print Bus. cards. Red letters with bright yellow background. SO they look like a WE BUY HOUSES SIGN but offering the free gas. There cards are dirt cheap and of high quality. I have asked a high volume gas station if he would leave the cards out by hi register. That was no problem. At this point I will give the cash at first to see how things go and will work with the $200.00 not the $500.00.

Will keep you filled in.

Craig :wacko:

There has to be a way to give a perceived value of $500 but pay less for that value.

Hi Dan:

If you get a good birddog who really gets you good deals and does some good research for you. He is worth it. The deals he hands out go to the investor who pays. The $500.00 is only paid out when the deal is complete and you got the option money. But I am going to try the $200.00 to start.

Craig

Hi Dan:

If you get a good birddog who really gets you good deals and does some good research for you. He is worth it. The deals he hands out go to the investor who pays. The $500.00 is only paid out when the deal is complete and you got the option money. But I am going to try the $200.00 to start.

Craig

I don't like giving away cash. I know you agree with this.

Dan

Craig, that's one of the best ideas I've heard lately! I am going to figure out a way to use it to sell some houses!!

Craig,

Looks great.

Couple of minor errors:

How Much Money Can I Earn?

How much do you want to make?  There's no limit on how

much money you can make!  We pay $200.00 for each house

you refer to us that we buy. It's that simple! We do ask you to

purchase your GAS at the gas station you found your yellow

card was found at. 

Remove either 'you found' or 'was found at.'

At this time we

are actively looking for houses in the 518 area code. As this

grows in popularity we could grow larger its you to you.

'you to you?' up?

Otherwise, looks great.

Do you really need to go through the whole, registration confirmation, replying with the homes they have had accepted into the DB, etc?

Seems like unnec. overhead.

Great idea,

Jeff

Craig, 

Looks great.

Couple of minor errors:

How Much Money Can I Earn?

How much do you want to make?  There's no limit on how

much money you can make!  We pay $200.00 for each house

you refer to us that we buy. It's that simple! We do ask you to

purchase your GAS at the gas station you found your yellow

card was found at. 

Remove either 'you found' or 'was found at.'

At this time we

are actively looking for houses in the 518 area code. As this

grows in popularity we could grow larger its you to you.

'you to you?' up?

Otherwise, looks great.

Do you really need to go through the whole, registration confirmation, replying with the homes they have had accepted into the DB, etc?

Seems like unnec. overhead.

Great idea,

Jeff

Hi Jeff:

You are correct. To much work with the DB.

Craig