The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Bill Robinson

e-mail marketing

Guest Bill Robinson

:D Just was wondering if any of you have tried opt-in email markeing to promote your listings and enhance agent to agent comminication? If so what have you used and how can I learn more.

Thanks,

Bill R

Guest Donna

Bill you may want to try eCampaign Pro. I signed up for it last month and so far I have received 3 competeing offeres for the same property as a result of the emails i sent. The emails look professional and the guys also have great support if you need it.

You can learn more at http://www.ecampaignpro.com/

Good luck!

Guest Bill Thompson

Speaking of email marketing I've been a super simple auto-responder system lately that's been working very well. It's like a typical auto-responder except can schedule multiple email messages to be sent at differnet time to follow up on leads and prospects.

It only took my 20 minutes to learn. Worth a look if your interested>

www.prospector.4t.com

:D Here comes my two cents again!

I do something that has worked wonders for me, at least in regards to responses, my average return email response is 50%. Not bad eh B)

So here is what you do. Open up an account with yahoo, make up an account, I don't care, but just make sure it has a real persons name i.e. chris@yahoo.com or smithcj@yahoo.com. Currently, I just use my real account at yahoo, but I realized recently that I should come up with a fake one, one that doesn't hold my last name.

Okay, anyway :blink: after you do that, go every FSBO site on the internet and find all the FSBO ads for your area. Some of the sites, you will actually be able to grab the personal email addresses and some all you will be able to do is type in your name and your email address and a quick message. So what I do, is I type in this simple message, "Sorry for the 50 questions, but quick question for you, I am moving into the area looking for a home and saw yours online. How long have you had it on the market? Why are you selling? When do you need to sell by? What is the exact address of the property? What phone number is best to reach you at?" Then you hit send and just wait.

What you will get back will be amazing, because they think you are actually interested in their home, which you are, just in a different way. You will get back tons of emails that will tell you everything you need to know in order to find great deals, why they are selling, when they need to sell, etc and therefore you just saved yourself tons of time on callling on of these FSBO ads. I did this last week and sent out 122 emails, some from my email program and some from the sites themselves. I have so far had about 55 emails sent back to me with all the possible information I would ever need. Now, I will call them with "my company" already having all the information in hand.

Hope this makes sense....I am sick and had to take medicine which slows me down a bit :D so hopefully the words I typed came out okay. Email me if you want help with this.

<<What you will get back will be amazing, because they think you are actually interested in their home, which you are, just in a different way. >>

Why not just say "I'm very interested in your home?" I'm no boyscout but it has been my experience that success and deception don't mix. Why lie if it isn't necessary?

I agree, success and deception don't mix and that is not what I am trying to do. Most people are very skeptical of agents and real estate investors. What I am basically doing is using a backdoor to find out information ahead of time, so as not to waste my time and their time. I never lie to them. All I do is tell them that I am interested in their home and then i ask them the questions. What I get back is answers letting me know that the home is already sold, or they are in divorce, or they are moving...etc. This way, I know what their mindset is before I call them and I know how to approach it.

These people aren't prey, they are people we are helping and making a profit off of at the same time. It's just, to me, another way to work "smarter" not "harder."

Hope that makes sense.

Chris,

I'm testing your email strategy and just sent out about 30 to local FSBO's with a message similar to the one you posted above.

Mind you, I'd already sent out about 100-200 others, stating that I was an investor "looking to add a property to my holdings in their area". That mailing generated almost NO response.) So, thanks for the tip on the softer approach.

Here's my first response:

The house has been on for about 1 month.

It is in a gated community in [city], [state]

I would like to sell ASAP if the price is reasonably close to asking

price.

I am now working with a realtor: Please contact [realtor] at

XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Please feel free to write back if there is anythig else you would like

to know.

Doesn't sound much like a motivated seller at this point, and they've now got a realtor involved.

But, if anybody has an angle for this one, I'm all ears.

I would at least call them because you never know.

I would like to sell ASAP if the price is reasonably close to asking

price.

Sounds like motivation to me. The fact that they tried FSBO for only one month before going to a realtor may be another indication that they might want to move this quickly.

Although he/she is now working with a realtor, the fact that you contacted them through their FSBO ad will most likely enable them to avoid paying the realtor commissions.

As I stated in the beginning of this post, you never know. Email him/her back and make a pitch.

JerseyJeff

They are a perfect candidate for a Cooperative Assignment. Offer them their asking price, (assuming it is in line with the local market), and hammer home the advantages of this type of lease purchase.

Be sure if they are interested that they cancel their listing agreement with the Realtor before you do anything.

Guest Guest
They are a perfect candidate for a Cooperative Assignment. Offer them their asking price, (assuming it is in line with the local market), and hammer home the advantages of this type of lease purchase.

Be sure if they are interested that they cancel their listing agreement with the Realtor before you do anything.

Michael,

After I read your post last night, I did some research on the internet to find more information about Cooperative Assignment. I'm more familiar with more standard approaches to pitching lease options to sellers.

Can you help me understand Cooperative Assignment better (so I can do a better job of selling it).

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it is not within the scope of a single post to be able to explain with clarity just what a Cooperative Assignment is. Suffice it to say it is one of several techniques within the lease purchase family that can be used when dealing with a less than highly motivated seller.

Done correctly, the CA enables us to profit on a deal where we might not have been able to do so if we were thinking only along the lines of a sandwich lease. Using the CA allows us to give the homeowner everything they want, (within reason, of course), and still fit into the deal and profit from our specialized knowledge.

We had a thorough discussion of this very subject just last week during our May 8th teleconference.