The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Steve

More Info Needed

Hi,

Does anybody have some information I can fax to a owner? I've been deaing with the owner's son, the owner is an elderly man (90) whose moved out with his son. I sent them the lease purchase advantage, but he wants something more detailed that gets into the nuts and bolts. Normally, I'd set up a meeting, but he lives about an hour and a half from me. I explained everything on the phone, but he wants something on paper that he can show his dad. If anyone has something they use I would appreciate if you can share it with the forum, if not, I'll just be sending him some made up numbers. I'm still not exactly sure what this guys wants anyway.

Thanks

Steve

It sounds as though he wants to know what you know so he can do it himself. There is no good reason for a seller to know anymore than the gist if you are going to be handling everything.

Steve, I think Doug is right. It sounds as if you have already given him enough details between the LPA letter and your phone conversation. His dad, being 90, isn't the one making the decision, I'm sure. It appears as if the son wants to be like you. Be flattered, but don't put the guy in business for himself. Next he'll be asking you for a copy of your contracts.

Doug,

This is the guy I told you whose about 20km north of Orangeville, whose got a vacant place in Scarborugh. That's close to a 2 hour drive for him, so I don't think he wants this info to go it alone. I'll just fax him a summary of what we discussed already and take it from there, maybe he's more a visual learner and needs to see numbers in front of him.

Steve