The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Hang In There MC!

144 mile an hour winds!! :D

Hang in there dude!!!!

Michael,

Just a couple of tips from someone who has gone through this just a month ago(as you know Rita was a direct hit on us). Probably you have already evacuted and so I wont talk about evacuation tips. Other things to remember are;

1) Keep ALL of your receipts for whatever you do on the road. Food, gas, water, hotel, generators... anything and everything. I have been told that Red Cross covers that. I still havent done mine though Red Cross directly took care of the hotel bill that we stayed in. You would need to go down to the lobby and let them know that you are an evacuee. They would take your drivers license and make a copy for the verification that you are indeed from an "evacuted" area.

2) In case your area becomes a "federal declared disaster area", you could contact FEMA(800 # on the FEMA website www.fema.gov) and they would award you a lumpsum amount of $2k in flat 48 hours after you fill out your application. Keep your bank info. ready in case you want a direct deposit. OR an accessible postal address in case you want a cheque for that amount.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Good luck to you and you family.

- Ardy

Hey MC...

I hope all and everyone is well.... Look foward to hearing back from you.

Mike

Michael, We are managing the board fine and wishing you a safe return. We keep getting a message about flood control and might need your help when you return.

Hello, everyone! It's good to be back. Wilma was wicked, to understate the obvious. Left many folks here in a world of hurt. No power, no phone service, no water, no gasoline or propane, no roofs, etc. Quite an experience. Most here have suffered property damages and losses, and it'll be months before we're back to norm. Nevertheless, it could have been much worse, so for that I count myself among the lucky.

Power has since been restored. I have internet access once again. Still no phone service, but that should be forthcoming soon. . .so I hope. Lots of blue tarps where roofs once were. I consider myself among the lucky because Katrina damaged my roof six weeks ago, so I had already contracted to have a new roof installed. In fact, that process began today. Otherwise I'd be looking at a four month wait or longer.

Anyway, as I can I will work my way back to the board and catch up with what everyone is doing and saying. When I finally got back on line yesterday I found 292 emails waiting for me. :) I need to burn the midnight oil.

Welcome back MC! Glad you made it through and good luck with the re-construction.

When I finally got back on line yesterday I found 292 emails waiting for me. I need to burn the midnight oil.
You're the man in demand. :)

When I finally got back on line yesterday I found 292 emails waiting for me. I need to burn the midnight oil.
You're the man in demand. :lol:
Perhaps. But many were offers to, uh, enhance my manhood. Makes me wonder who these spammers have been talking to?? :)

Perhaps. But many were offers to, uh, enhance my manhood. Makes me wonder who these spammers have been talking to??

Maybe BEV! can shed some light on the subject.

Jeff

Perhaps. But many were offers to, uh, enhance my manhood. Makes me wonder who these spammers have been talking to??

Jeff

Hmmm. . .kiss and tell Bev. . .I shoulda known! :(

Jeff

Hmmm. . .kiss and tell Bev. . .I shoulda known! :(

Hey Admin,

Oh!!!!!! You mean that wasn't supposed to be a tickle? My bad. :P

Admin, sorry to hear you're still topless overyonder but glad you're back safe.

PS..lemme know when u have electrical power back up so I can send you my new pass to my live webcam just the way u like it B)

PS..lemme know when u have electrical power back up so I can send you my new pass to my live webcam just the way u like it B)
It's back!! It's back!! :(:P

:wacko: Holy Cow Batman, what an investment!

Anyways, glad you're okay MichaelC. Up here all we have is very cold temps and sometimes that white snow stuff.

Keep in touch.

PS: We sent you a pm here on this forums...have a good one.

Robert and Pauline T.