The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
man

Flyers

I know everyone is telling me to get some deals before going out and spending money, but today I went out and bought a cell phone for business. I got one of those unlimited local phones. It'll cost me around $48/month with taxes, but the nice thing is, it's unlimited. I am not at my home very often, and people who call may not want to speak with an answering machine everytime, or some fancy voice script service, so I figured this way I can take my office phone with me wherever I go (in addition to my regular at&t cell phone). I would like to put out some flyers, since I have the capital to do so. I'd like my flyer to be a combination, so it appeals to the l/p advantage, and I also wouldn't mind buying some homes from people who are facing foreclosure, or can't make the payments anymore.

I'd like to see some other peoples flyers to get an idea of what to put on there. I'm planning on having 1,000 at a time printed, and passing out on doorsteps myself during the mornings that I'm off. If anybody would like to swap flyers, my email address is mkoko@pacbell.net. Mine so far is very plain and comes mostly from Michael's documents.

I can't remember who was asking about getting a copy machine, but I talked to the folks at Office Max's copy center, and for 1,000+ copies, they only charge $0.03/copy, which includes white paper, or any color you want ($30 for 1,000). Not a bad price at all. You can even send them the document through email, and they'll have the copies ready for you to pick up. I compared prices at Kinko's, and they wanted $64 to do the same job ($0.064/copy), and they wanted 24 hours to do it. Office Max is a far better deal.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling here. Any feedback to a successful flyer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Manoli

mkoko@pacbell.net

Mine so far is very plain and comes mostly from Michael's documents.
Hello, man. It's plain vanilla MichaelC here :( . I think your goal with the flyers is to clearly state what you do and where you can be reached. I believe that a lot of superfluous distractions on the paper hinder, rather than help.

With that in mind, I would want to use some combination of phrases such as:

WE BUY HOUSES

We Take Over Payments

No Equity, No Problem

We Will Buy Or Lease Your Home

No Commissions, Fees, or Closing Costs

Need to sell your property NOW?

Behind on payments? Foreclosure?

Need debt relief?

Tenant and toilet troubles?

Little to no equity?

Relocating? Going through Divorce?

Making two mortgage payments?

CALL US NOW! XXX-XXX-XXXX

I don't think it matters too much what your flyer says. I mean, any combination from above will be understood by the individual reading the flyer. It's way more important how consistently and how many flyers you are getting out into the community. The homeowner who needs you, who has a problem and is pressed to find a solution is going to call. He will understand your message perfectly. On the other hand, a homeowner who has no need or interest in what we do is going to toss the flyer in the trash, regardless of how artsy and crafty you design the flyer.

I'm of the opinion that with flyers, your time will be better spent concentrating on getting huge numbers of them out there, versus spending lots of time and money on the design.

Thanks for the suggestions Michael... I was also thinking of putting something like "Get CASH Now" above all of those that you suggested. What have you found to be your normal turn-around with flyers? I remember seeing you say something like 1 deal per 4,000? I should have my first lot of flyers printed by the end of next week, and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

man, I was never a big flyer user personally. That's not to say someone else shouldn't use them. They just weren't my preference because the time constraints of a busy schedule do not permit me to deliver them personally. Nor have I been able to find reliable and trustworthy help in getting the flyers delivered. Again, this has been my experience. Your mileage may vary.

I don't recall ever saying the 1 deal from 4,000. You may have heard or read that from another source.

As for using Get CASH Now, of course this means you're holding yourself out there as a cash buyer. Nothing wrong with that as long as you do have the cash or have access to it.