The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
theaussibloke

Help!!! - Bev The Dominatrix

Hi Bev; I need your help please and you obviously are the “magical lady.”

I have done a search on your postings and read them all prior to posting this request for your help. The reason I did the search is that I read somewhere that you target builders. I’m seeking your help to get biggest bang for effort in terms of a success rate when I contact them. To this end can I please ask you:

Where I am; houses are going up left, right and centre and being built by every man and his dog, and I need to make sure I dont leave this stone unturned but before I go and start contacting them I thought I would seek your help first so I can get the best success rate I can. I have a list of about 150 – 200 builders to contact. These range from big project builders, boutique builders and those who build a house, sell it, then build another etc. For this reason I would be very grateful if you could tell me:

How you figure that builders would be interested in the CA concept. As I work it out they would be like FSBO’s who tell me thay need cash to pay off their loans and so would not be keen on RTO. (even though I tell them they could refinance)

How did you approach them in a practical sense? did you phone them up and ask to speak to ????, did you go visit them the building site, email them, how??.

What exactly did you say to them.

What did you say to counter likely resistance (as I see it) such as …..we already have a relationship with a marketer,….. you don’t have any runs on the board with this RTO stuff (i.e how many have you done) so why should we go with you, …… we build custom design houses for affluent people not budget accommodation for low income people etc etc.

Did you leave them with a brouchure on RTO or just your card.

How often did you call them back.

In one of your posts you used the word PRE-BUYER. This tells me that a pre-buyer is a tenant buyer packaged slightly differently to a tenant, but how did you package the change to the builder??

I’m sorry for all the questions Bev, but I’m really trying to learn as much as possible in as short a time as possible so I make as few mistakes as possible so I can get some runs on the board and keep my confidence etc going.

I hope Michael C dosen’t mind me admitting to this but when I first found this site I did some gold mining. I copied 50 pages of postings and went through each posting highlighting anything that might be GOLD (anthing I could learn from) and while I’ve learned how to earn-myself-a-full-time-income-working-part-time-hours; which is my definition of success and for which I am very grateful to Michael C for, I still seem to be seeking more knowledge. I’m wondering when I’ll know enough to get runs on the board? I find success is like mosquitoes; always in your face but near impossible to grasp?

Sorry if I seem a bit down beat but I desperately want this to work for me.

Thank you very much BEV and anyone else who has a thought to offer.

Heres a thought; I'll be keen to get to work tomorow so I can jump on the site and get the feedback; first ever keen to get to work. :huh:

aussiebloke

Hi Bev; I need your help please and you obviously are the “magical lady.”

Thank you for contacting "Bev! The Dominatrix 911 emergency board", Is this an emergency? :huh:

The reason I did the search is that I read somewhere that you target builders.
Actually that's not my target BUT that's how it always turn out to be which is fine with me.

Where I am; houses are going up left, right and centre and being built by every man and his dog,
:wub: u must be in Calif
How you figure that builders would be interested in the CA concept.
I don't figure at all and is not in the builder's mind to RTO either until they hear me out.
As I work it out they would be like FSBO’s who tell me thay need cash to pay off their loans and so would not be keen on RTO. (even though I tell them they could refinance)
I "ONLY" deal with FRBO, if houses are selling left and right which they are here, this tells me that FSBO is "NOT" the smartest way for me to go... are there still FSBO that might say yes to RTO? Perhaps, but it would take months or yrs to find one in a hot market to say yes to RTO to me, where-as FRBO is a 99% "YES" rate in my hot market.

How did you approach them in a practical sense? did you phone them up and ask to speak to ????, did you go visit them the building site, email them, how??.
I simply called the FRBO newspaper ads or online ads locally like I would call any private FRBO and a lot of the times these advertisers are "builders" advertising their investment properties for RENT "NOT" for sale.

I'm a strong believer in Phone calling prospects as it is better than any other technique under the sun. even tho I have learned that emails is working almost as good for me I still prefer Phone calling.

What exactly did you say to them.
I'm a prospect for their property so I just be myself as if I were looking for a place myself and at the same time I break the RTO to them in a NON SALES conversational sortta way. (this approach changes with every call depending on the situation and homeowner's attitude)

What did you say to counter likely resistance (as I see it) such as …..we already have a relationship with a marketer,….. you don’t have any runs on the board with this RTO stuff (i.e how many have you done) so why should we go with you, ……
I would probably would get this alot from prospects if I come on to them with sales pitch sounding like a sales person myself to them.. "I am NOT a salesperson, therefore I have never experienced those questions as of yet. The closes I've ever gotten to those questions is.... "How fast can you fill my house?"... my answer: If the numbers are right, we can fill it faster than when the numbers are wrong.

Did you leave them with a brouchure on RTO or just your card.
I do 98% of the RTO deal on the phone per client, therefore when I meet with them is just to sign the agreements.. I don't have brochures nor any other type of offline promotional materials... (only had biz cards but not have used them yet)
How often did you call them back.
I usually just make one call and that's it.. but again, I only deal with FRBO... maybe with FSBO is a totally different story as they both are two different worlds B)

... thank you for calling "Bev! The Dominatrix 911 Emergency Board" ... Good Bye! ... click......:blush:

Guest theaussiebloke

"If the numbers are right, we can fill it faster than when the numbers are wrong."

Absolutely excellant. No wonder they call you the magical lady; perhaps I should have thought of this myself. I certaintly will remember and use this line. Funny how someone can put an entire negotiation into one sentance.

Thank you very much for your help Bev; Much appreciated.

I'm a prospect for their property so I just be myself as if I were looking for a place myself and at the same time I break the RTO to them in a NON SALES conversational sortta way. (this approach changes with every call depending on the situation and homeowner's attitude)

Bev, can you give some example's of how you break out the RTO concept. I mean I am going through the conversation in my head and the second I hit RTO it sounds like a sales pitch.

Feel free to record an actual BEV conversation and post the audio here:) Unless your shy ofcourse!:huh:))

thx BEV!

Bev, can you give some example's of how you break out the RTO concept. I mean I am going through the conversation in my head and the second I hit RTO it sounds like a sales pitch.

Feel free to record an actual BEV conversation and post the audio here:) Unless your shy ofcourse!:huh:))

thx BEV!

The reason for that is that you are still pitiching; She said she put herself in the spot of T/B and then the question would go something like this: Would there be a possiblity where as you (builder) could rent me the place for 12 months or so then I can would be able to buy the property? I am not selling, I am simpley asking for a favor or a llittle help. Well hope this helps.

thx BEV!

The reason for that is that you are still pitiching; She said she put herself in the spot of T/B and then the question would go something like this: Would there be a possiblity where as you (builder) could rent me the place for 12 months or so then I can would be able to buy the property? I am not selling, I am simpley asking for a favor or a llittle help. Well hope this helps.

I see, and at what point do you tell them that your assigning this contract to someone else? Another words when do they find out what you really do and start calling you nick names like "the Magical Lady"? Hopefully they don't ever call me anything w/ lady in it but that's besides the point.

At any rate it seems to me at some point you have to sell them on something.

I see, and at what point do you tell them that your assigning this contract to someone else? Another words when do they find out what you really do and start calling you nick names like "the Magical Lady"? Hopefully they don't ever call me anything w/ lady in it but that's besides the point.

Megabucks has the right idea, and like I said earlier, "every" conversation is different and is really not at all complex as others may make it sound... Here is one of so many conversations I've done with propspects that to me it does not sound like a sales pitch, but most importantly, to the prospect I do not sound like a sales person :huh:

I pick up the phone and call a FRBO ad on my local newspaper, and then....

FRBO: Hello

Me: Your for rent ad on the paper sounds like something I'd be interested in.... It is still availble, right?

FRBO: Well yes! Is a brand new house and it has over $30K in upgrades...etc...etc...

Me: What I like about that area is the school district.

FRBO: The best, I wouldn't want to send my kids to any other school district

Me: Do you have other houses for rent in that area?

FRBO: Right now I only have this one. Is an investment property.

Me: Investment? How do you mean?

FRBO: I'm a new builder and I'm starting out, I build a house, I plan to rent it for 1 or 2 yrs and then sell it!

Me: Oh, "Rent To Own", tha's very creative investing.

FRBO: Rent To Own? Uh, not sure how that would work

Me: Is simply renting with the option to purchase at the end of the lease..That's exactly what you just described to me!

FRBO: Uh, yes it is, isn' it? haha! But I don't know how to put a deal like that together and I don't know if people would be interested in something like this.

Me: I know of families looking exactly for what you have (rent to own) and I've even helped lots of these families put the deal together for them :blush:

FRBO: Really? Are these families willing to move in right away? Can you help me put the deal together?..

Me: Yes, I can help you in getting a fmily in your house and putting the deal tother for you too.

FRBO: Hey what's the catch?

Me: The catch is you need to gimme your permission in writing (sign agreements) to help you put the deal together :wub:

FRBO: How bout tomorrow morning?

The above is what really works for me!!.. (and is true about the school district too, we do have a top rated school district here, our elementary schools have laptops instead of books)

Bev,

I love it how you make the landlord think it was there idea to do a rent to own!

Beauty and Brains, there's never been a more lethal combination! :wub:

Steve

Megabucks has the right idea, and like I said earlier, "every" conversation is different and is really not at all complex as others may make it sound... Here is one of so many conversations I've done with prospects that to me it does not sound like a sales pitch, but most importantly, to the prospect I do not sound like a sales person :wub:

I pick up the phone and call a FRBO ad on my local newspaper, and then....

FRBO: Hello

Me: Your for rent ad on the paper sounds like something I'd be interested in.... It is still available, right?

FRBO: Well yes! Is a brand new house and it has over $30K in upgrades...etc...etc...

Me: What I like about that area is the school district.

FRBO: The best, I wouldn't want to send my kids to any other school district

Me: Do you have other houses for rent in that area?

FRBO: Right now I only have this one. Is an investment property.

Me: Investment? How do you mean?

FRBO: I'm a new builder and I'm starting out, I build a house, I plan to rent it for 1 or 2 yrs and then sell it!

Me: Oh, "Rent To Own", tha's very creative investing.

FRBO: Rent To Own? Uh, not sure how that would work

Me: Is simply renting with the option to purchase at the end of the lease..That's exactly what you just described to me!

FRBO: Uh, yes it is, isn' it? haha! But I don't know how to put a deal like that together and I don't know if people would be interested in something like this.

Me: I know of families looking exactly for what you have (rent to own) and I've even helped lots of these families put the deal together for them ;)

FRBO: Really? Are these families willing to move in right away? Can you help me put the deal together?..

Me: Yes, I can help you in getting a family in your house and putting the deal together for you too.

FRBO: Hey what's the catch?

Me: The catch is you need to gimme your permission in writing (sign agreements) to help you put the deal together ;)

FRBO: How bout tomorrow morning?

The above is what really works for me!!.. (and is true about the school district too, we do have a top rated school district here, our elementary schools have laptops instead of books)

Okay Bev, there are many guys here who would dearly love to hire your PHONE services. You got that free long distance PC line. Can we call you to listen to your voice. You sure convinced me your the one by this conversation above.

What a great thread! Thank you, Bev, for sharing your hard earned smarts with all of us here.

I hope Michael C dosen’t mind me admitting to this but when I first found this site I did some gold mining. I copied 50 pages of postings and went through each posting highlighting anything that might be GOLD (anthing I could learn from) . . .
aussiebloke, why would I mind? That's the whole purpose of this board: sharing, helping, and learning.
I still seem to be seeking more knowledge. I’m wondering when I’ll know enough to get runs on the board? I find success is like mosquitoes; always in your face but near impossible to grasp?
Be careful there, pal. Your treading awfully close to the ol' Paralysis of Analysis. You know more than you realize. And the best learning comes from doing. Now, get to work. You know this already, but nothing will happen if you're not speaking with homeowners. And lots of 'em, too. Nothing!