The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Hiring Nephew for the summer

Hello all,

Here's a new marketing idea..

My nephew is interested in what his mom (my partner) and I are doing. He has read several of our books - we passed the books along, he picked them up on his own while away at school!

Classes end soon and he will be home from college for the summer. His girlfriend also will be free and they were looking for jobs. We have made them an offer for summer employment.

We will teach them our business in a formal, hands-on way

------------------------------------------------------

(meaning they sit down everyday, review videos, listen to materials on CD, make calls, blanket farm areas, post flyers, go to courthouses, help us market properties, go on appts with us, etc. etc, etc-doing just what we did to learn the business!)

---------------------------------------------------------

and offer them an opportunity to earn cash based on leads that result from their efforts. We haven't figured out the exact figures - probably $500 - $1000 per lead for every deal we close based on their marketing efforts (We will assign each of them a marketing code as I explained elsewhere on the board) I think we can set up a little friendly competition here...

What's in it for them: flexiblility to travel this summer, learn a new, life-long skill, get to spend an inordinate amount of time together, have some fun and make what could be some very good money. (neither needs a regular paycheck to live)

What's in it for us: an incredible increase in our exposure, multiplied marketing efforts, the additional creativity and energy from 2 - 20 year olds, probably a tremendous increase in the deals we do this summer along with the comfort of knowing we have helped these two get a vision we didn't get until our 40's.

I realize that every young adult isn't cut out for such an offer, however we have 2 enthusiastic, polished and trustworthy kids who are eager to take us up on our offer.

Just a suggestion to help you kick your business into overdrive.

as ever...thinking outside the box!

option8 (and her partner)

Great idea, Option8! Put a few energetic but raw youngsters to work for you. Everyone benefits in the ways you described.