The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
rpoissa

Slow market for T/B's??

Hi all, Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. In the summer, I'd put an ad in for the weekend and get 20-30 calls, plus another 15 or so the week after. Now, I put an ad in this weekend and got 5 calls. Is it the time of year? I wasn't advertising last year at this time. Any comments? RobP

Hi all, Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. In the summer, I'd put an ad in for the weekend and get 20-30 calls, plus another 15 or so the week after. Now, I put an ad in this weekend and got 5 calls. Is it the time of year? I wasn't advertising last year at this time. Any comments? RobP

Well, I seem to be getting calls left and right here on Long Island. Just a matter of getting quality calls that seems to be the problem.:ninja:

Rob,

I've put an ad in the paper for my CA and I think I've had about 4 calls as well. However, I did have 80 people call and leave messages from my bandit signs. My city is starting to crack down on the signs though, I don't see too many signs up anymore, and they come down pretty quick after they're up. I'm putting out my signs on weekends now, and am taking them down sunday night. I only had one of my signs removed over the weekend, but the signs I forgot to take down Sunday were gone by Monday afternoon. Most of my calls have been tire kickers, and the people who have money to put down are already homeowners, so they're much more picky. I've got another showing tonight, so hopefully I can get a signed application.

Steve

Rob, that's the nature of this business. It ebbs and flows. I always say that the only consistency in this business is the inconsistency. An ad that has worked perfectly well for months suddenly stops pulling. Same with signs, flyers, etc. You can try shutting down for a week or two. Sometimes your marketing gets stale, for lack of a better word. Even though it's out there, people aren't "seeing it" anymore. Give it a rest, and try something different.

Well, I seem to be getting calls left and right here on Long Island. Just a matter of getting quality calls that seems to be the problem.:ninja:
This also means you're normal. Tire kickers are the bane of our business, as are those folks with champagne tastes and beer budgets.

Rob,

I've put an ad in the paper for my CA and I think I've had about 4 calls as well. However, I did have 80 people call and leave messages from my bandit signs. My city is starting to crack down on the signs though, I don't see too many signs up anymore, and they come down pretty quick after they're up. I'm putting out my signs on weekends now, and am taking them down sunday night. I only had one of my signs removed over the weekend, but the signs I forgot to take down Sunday were gone by Monday afternoon. Most of my calls have been tire kickers, and the people who have money to put down are already homeowners, so they're much more picky. I've got another showing tonight, so hopefully I can get a signed application.

Steve

Exactly, Steve. Diversifying your marketing is best. If one thing flops, another will likely prove effective at getting your phone ringing.